bbailey
Re-posting from the Breeze forum:
Where can we see the SQL that is generated by the 'update db' or 'read from db' tasks? No matter the logging level I set for Engagement Designer, there is not logging of the SQL. If we monitor the running instance in ED, we only see the json payload and not the actual sql statements.
PrakashN
I do not exactly know if we throw the actual SQL into the log files. We most likely don't. I can verify and get back if necessary. However, as you indicated in your question itself, the instance viewer shows the data in and out of the task when executing. It shows the "inputparam1, 2, 3, ..." and their values going into the DB task. When writing the workflow, you wrote the query with the question marks (?) for the parameters. So you do have all the details available, just not in the form of a fully formed query itself with the parameters' values. Is this something that you are looking for?

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
bbailey
Hi Prakash,
The except that is occurring from the simple db insert is ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended. I can pull the schema from the db but for whatever reason a simple insert is failing with this error. I have dumbed the insert down to a simple table with string columns and a single oracle identity (auto increment) column but the inserts will still fail with this exception.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Brent
AnuragAggarwal
can you provide the sql you are using in db task
bbailey
I have tried just about everything and the issue appears to be due to the insert with a date/time. The Oracle EVENTTIME field is defined in the database as a TIMESTAMP (6) data type and in ED when I retrieve schema it shows this field as a string.

Some of the SQL I have tried is shown below:

INSERT INTO breezeroutinglog (EVENTTIME, EVENT, CALLINGPARTY, CALLEDPARTY, UCID) VALUES (TO_TIMESTAMP('?','YYYY-MM-DD hh24:mi:ss z'), ?, ?, ?, ?)

INSERT INTO breezeroutinglog (EVENTTIME, EVENT, CALLINGPARTY, CALLEDPARTY, UCID) VALUES (TO_TIMESTAMP(?,'YYYY-MM-DD hh24:mi:ss z'), ?, ?, ?, ?)

INSERT INTO breezeroutinglog (EVENTTIME, EVENT, CALLINGPARTY, CALLEDPARTY, UCID) VALUES (TO_TIMESTAMP(?,'YYYY-MM-DD hh24:mi:ss'), ?, ?, ?, ?)

INSERT INTO breezeroutinglog (EVENTTIME, EVENT, CALLINGPARTY, CALLEDPARTY, UCID) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
bbailey
Bringing this thread back to the top. I have pinpointed the issue and it appears that the task does not like the date value found in the standard timeOfEvent field in the call object. Breeze, or the task, throws an unparsable date exception and doesn't attempt to invoke the jdbc connection.
Go to:   
Mobile view