Vadim_K
Good day!

Our software monitors the Avaya CM stats and we faced such issue:
It detects Avaya CM via the avCmVersion group of OIDs and since new AVAYA-AURA-CM-MIB was released, we added the following set of OIDs in the detection procedure:
- avCmVersionOperSystem - 1.3.6.1.4.1.6889.2.73.8.1.1.1
- avCmVersionBuildDate - 1.3.6.1.4.1.6889.2.73.8.1.1.2
- avCmVersionLoadNumber - 1.3.6.1.4.1.6889.2.73.8.1.1.3
- avCmVersionRlsNumber - 1.3.6.1.4.1.6889.2.73.8.1.1.4
- avCmVersionRlsString - 1.3.6.1.4.1.6889.2.73.8.1.1.5

And when these OIDs were been read from device we got nothing and also the SNMP-walk showed that there is no [b]1.3.6.1.4.1.6889.2.73.8.X.X.X sub-tree there.

So in spite of the fact that all these OIDs are present in AVAYA-AURA-CM-MIB, they are not shown up in SNMP walk/results.
And the questions are:
1) why we don't see that OIDs on CM ?
2) does Avaya admin should somehow install/update that MIB on device (also in case it's Avaya VE) ?

MartinFlynn
This forum is for the DMCC APIs of Application Enablement Services so I do not think you are likely to get an answer to your question here.

You may be able to get help on one of the forums on support.avaya.com.

Martin
Vadim_K
I've already checked it, such questions are ignored on support forum :(
Martin, and is there a proper branch on this forum (regarding Avaya CM) to move this question to ?
__
Best regards,
Vadim.
MartinFlynn
No, none of our forums are related to Communication Manager.

If this is a production system, you should contact your business partner or Avaya Client Services. If you procured it from Devconnect, you could try opening a Technical Support ticket and one of my colleagues may be able to help you.

Martin
JonAlperin [Avatar]

Vadim,

DevConnect can provide additional support on SNMP MIB usage and issues, although it requires a minimum of a Support-Enabled membership level in the program, as this is not an interface for which we offer free support.

I agree that Avaya Support *should* do further investigation if there is no subtree found during the SNMP walk, and would suggest you re-open your SR and request escalation.

If you want DevConnect to investigate further, please visit https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/program_benefits/membership_overview/index.gsp for information on upgrading your company membership, after which you will be enabled to submit tickets against Communication Manager/SNMP for further investigation by our DevConnect engineers.

Jon

Jon Alperin Managing Director, Avaya DevConnect
Go to:   
Mobile view