VasilyL
Hello Guys!

I am curious about one configuration question which I faced some time ago.
The Customer has 8 different IVR applications. Each application does connection to the database. The parameters for connection are the same for all applications.
IT infrastructure has been changed and database was moved to another server.

Is it possible to configure the connection in the Tomcat configs somehow?
I do not want to rebuild all the applications and do re-deploying of each application.
There is an article with describes database FAQs https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_orchestration_designer/support/faqs/database.gsp#10.
It is possible to change database server name in context.xml. So, as a quick solution we are going to change 8 context.xml files on each Application servers.
But is there any way just to have only once context.xml file for the whole application server?

Thanks in advance,
Vasily.
WilsonYu
The database server is configured in the context.xml of each application. You can just modify the context.xml without rebuilding the app. However, if all the apps are sharing the same database, you can configure the Tomcat/config/context.xml for all the application to share. You have to do that manually, and make sure you remove the configuration from the context.xml of each app. There is an option in the Export wizard you can check to exclude the configuration in the app's context.xml if you intent to use the shared context.xml.
VasilyL
Hi Wilson,
Thanks for a very clear answer!

Vasily.
Go to:   
Mobile view