jnahas
Experts,

The customer migrated from AAEP 7.0.2 to 7.2.0. The existing OD apps were migrated from 7.0 to 7.2.1.

In only 1 node, the customers are facing a silence 1-3 mins after hearing the next announcement node.

The grammar used by the node (8430_iaCheckingNumberDTMF.grxml) that is failing was not changed during the migration. It’s the same version that we delivered to the customer when we first deployed the app back in 2016 or so. We got no report of failure till nowadays.

I checked the logs, and the app just "stops" logging a random amount of time, and then it comes back to life. Checking the Voice Browser logs (there's no Nuance on this customer), I see no error or bad-fetch. Since the node collects sensitive data from the caller, it just shows some data as "private data".

If I change the node's grammar, for a fixed-length input, the node works as expected.

Timeouts are:

incompleteTimeout=1500
completeTimeout=0
terminatingTimeout=2000
interdigitTimeout=4000
timeout=3000

I'm attaching:
1) the grammar that's failing.... 2) another grammar also with variable amount of digits allowed that it's working as expected .... 3) the Voice Browser logs

I tested it entering 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-#, but with no luck.

Please let me know any additional detail you need,

Thanks in advance,
Jorge.

Filename SessionSlot-002.log [Disk] Download
Filename 8120_DollarAmt_DTMF.grxml [Disk] Download
Filename 8430_iaCheckingNumberDTMF.grxml [Disk] Download
WilsonYu
This issue sounds familiar. However, you would need Avaya support to take a look. They might already dealt with this before, and it should be something on the platform not the app.
jnahas
Thank you Sir.

Actually this case was raised with CAS, they involved us, and then when I checked with the Speech Engineer I was pointed to the PH direction.

Do you know where could I open this to Avaya Support?

What do you think about the grammar? Do you think there's a way to make it more performant?
WilsonYu
It's hard to say what causes the problem. Support should find out on the platform side what causes the time gap. However the grammar looks a bit complicated for what it tries to do. I am no grammar expert though.
jnahas
Thank you.

This problem has been escalated with Avaya Support, apparently, no error in EPM... further investigations are going on in the MPP side.
Go to:   
Mobile view