clickme
We have multiple caller id phone numbers for outbound calls from all the various brands we manage and I am looking for a way to make a JTAPI call using our choice of callerId so that I can phone the customer from the corrected callerID for their brand.

MartinFlynn
For that you will need to use Special Application SA8481. This allows an application to place the callerID into the UUI data when making an outgoing call. Normally UUI data is transmitted to the far-end intact. However, if SA8481 is enabled and the UUI is in the correct format, Communication Manager will instead use it to generate a callerID.

Note: UUI = User to User Information = User Data = User Info. Terminology seems to be different indifferent places.

This is not the easiest feature to use, mainly due to inconsistencies between the official description and the actual implementation in Communication Manager.

I have attached a document which contains a lot of useful information. However, I suggest that you also take a read of the AE Services faq "Why does Avaya Aura Communication Manager SA8481 no longer work with TSAPI when using a
SIP trunk?". It is in the TSAPI section. As far as I am concerned, this gives the most accurate information.

https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_application_enablement_services/support/faq/tsapi/index.gsp#790

You should also be able to get information by searching these AE Services forums as this topic comes up quite often.

Martin
Filename SA8481.pdf [Disk] Download
Go to:   
Mobile view