J.Rodriquez
Hi, seeking advice.
We have a unit of our business that is using CTC over DLG. They initiate a Tranfer Connect by requesting that DTMF be played. The process to play *8 plus ten digits inband takes about 8 seconds. Can the digit tone and interdigit timers be tweaked to reduce the time that it takes to play these tones?
JohnBiggs
This forum is for Avaya Agile Communication Environment related topics (the web services and foundation toolkit) which is a different product from Application Enablement Services. ASAI (DLG) is a API hosted by Application Enablement Services. A more appropriate forum would be

https://devconnect.avaya.com/public/dyn/d_dyn.jsp?fn=144#aes

Even had you posted in the AE Services forums, I would have to say that DLG is not a interface that we provide support for. Avaya has encouraged applications to switch to utilize the JTAPI, TSAPI and DMCC APIs for nearly a decade because of external standards compliance as opposed to a legacy proprietary implementation.

I don't recognize CTC as it relates to DLG. Nor do I recognize 'Transfer Connect'.

I also do not follow the call flow, in ASAI a transfer sequence would be a Third Party hold, make call and a merge.

If the application is using the Third Party Send DTMF Signals request then the tone duration and pause duration can be set in the request.

tone_dur [optional] Specifies in .01 second increments, the duration of each tone. The default duration is .35 seconds (350 milliseconds). Valid range of values accepted by Communication Manager for this parameter is from 6 to 35 (.06 to 0.35 seconds).

pause_dur [optional] Specifies in .01 second increments, the duration of the pause in between tones. The default duration is .10 seconds (100 milliseconds). Valid range of values accepted by Communication Manager for this parameter

On a trunk interface (the trunk group form from Communication Manager SAT you can control the out-pulse intervals for DTMF on that interface for certain trunk types (they will be in a section titled END TO END SIGNALING and OUTPULSING INFORMATION if they are available for the trunk type in question).

J.Rodriquez
Thank you John! You succeeded in answering my question regardless my mistake and in spite of the fact that DLG's support status. I reviewed the ASAI Protocol Reference which allows for
Option = tone duration 0x8a
Value = tone duration 0x8X seconds = value *

Option = pause duration 0x8b
Value = pause duration 0x8X seconds = value *

However, there is no parity in the (CTC) CT-Connect for those options.
JohnBiggs
Is CT Connect an Avaya or third party product? I don't recognize it, and my googling leads me to believe it is third party.
J.Rodriquez
It is, my first exposure to it was from Dialogic in 1998, then it changed hands to Intel and now to a company called Syntellect.
JohnBiggs
thanks... that is about all I can do here then.
J.Rodriquez
Thank you John!
Go to:   
Mobile view