Pravin
Hi,

We want to fetch VDN name for each incoming call in AACC. We have developed customer DMCC dot net sdk desktop.

we are able to fetch CLI, DN and call ID from call delivered event in alerting state. Similarly want to fetch VDN number and name please advise in which event and method we can get this information.

Regards,
Pravin
JohnBiggs
First keep in mind that call control monitors are actually a TSAPI service exposed through DMCC.

With that knowledge one would take a look at the TSAPI for Comunication Manager Programmer's Guide for the release of Communication Manager you are working with. Then search the document for "Name" You will find the attQueryDeviceName() functionality and can quickly verify that it supports queries for a VDN name. Then you can return to the DMCC SDK html documents and locate the equivalent service -> GetPhysicalDeviceName(String, Object).
Pravin
Hi John,

We need VDN name not physicaldevice ID.

e.g. If caller call from his no. 7867542341 to to VDN no. 1944 then we are getting CLI as 7867542341 and DNIS as 1944 in Thirdparty call control delivered event argument

CallingdevidID=7867542341
CalledID=1944

Similary we want to VDN name e.g. 1944_Test_VDN along.

In which argument and thirdpartycallcontrol event will get VN name information for each new incoming call.

On Avaya One-x desktop we are getting VDN name. I have attached screenshot for more information. Please let me know if you need any information.

Regards,
Pravin
  • [Thumb - VDNnameandCLI.jpg]
[Disk] Download
MichaelHerman2
The query John referenced does return the VDN's name.

You can also use the System Management Service Web Service to create your own mapping of VDN extensions to names. The System Management Service (SMS) Web Service is hosted on the AES server and exposes management features of Avaya Aura Communication Manager to client SOAP applications. You can for example, submit a "list vdn" request to get a list of the VDN extensions configured on CM, along with their names. You can also submit a "display VDN x" request, where "x" is a VDN's extension, and VDN's name would be included in one of the parameters returned in the response.

Please refer to the following link for more information on SMS.

https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_application_enablement_services/interfaces/sms_web_service/overview/index.gsp
Pravin
Hi Michael,

I am getting VDN list if I use John query but what we want here is to obtain VDN name for each incoming call along with callingdeviceId (ANI) and calleddeviceID (DNIS).

Please confirm if calleddeviceID (DNIS) number and VDN number is same. If yes then we can map VDN name and VDN number.

Regards,
Pravin
Go to:   
Mobile view