Akshada
While I am connecting to my own meeting room my own video is visible for 2 or 3 seconds. This should not happen. The vide should be a muted start of the conference.
Is there a direct API to start a video conference with self video muted
Currently, I have implemented the following code

muteUnmuteVideoParticipant: function (participant, isToBeMuted) {

if (isToBeMuted) {
if (participant && participant.getBlockParticipantVideoCapability().isAllowed) {
participant.blockVideo().then(function () {
// Mute action was successful
console.log("Success mute participant");
}, function (error) {
// Action failed
console.log("Failed mute participant");
});
}
} else {
if (participant && participant.getUnblockParticipantVideoCapability().isAllowed) {
participant.unblockVideo().then(function () {
// UnMute action was successful
console.log("Success unmute participant");
}, function (error) {
// Action failed
console.log("Failed unmute participant");
});
}
}
}

participant object here is the self participant
ware16.avaya.com
Hi,

Thanks for your query!

You can set a video using SetVideoMode API on the call object. You need to set video mode on call object then need to start the call.

This method can be used to enable bidirectional or unidirectional video, or disable video.

Thanks,
Avaya DevConnect Team
AlokKulkarni
Thank you Ware16 for your prompt response.
We have done the same now where we start the call with setVideoMode to RECEIVE_ONLY. This works in normal scenarios.
However later when the user wants to Unmute and mute himself if we keep toggling between RECEIVE_ONLY and SEND_RECEIVE , then we observed that we stop receiving remote video after 3 to 4 such API calls.
Also as per our understanding there is no API to getReceiveMode so that we can check if application is currently in ReceiveOnly mode and then switch to Send_Receive only once after the first unmute by the Meeting room moderator/caller and then just call the block/unblockVideo API only everytime.

Regards,
Alok

ware16.avaya.com
Hi,

App needs to maintain the mute/unmute status and call SetVideoMode API to set the appropriate video mode.

Can you please share the debug logs so that we can investigate why remote video stopped?
Recommend to check what is the media direction received from remote when the video stopped.

Thanks,
Avaya DevConnect Team

Go to:   
Mobile view