AntBuild
We are using OD 7.0.1 version.
I used the build script generated by OD 7.0.1 while exporting the project to a war. But when I execute, I see the build script does not generate below items as part of project war file

1. index.html
2. jsp directory that has vaidation jsps
3. context.xml

But if I do export using Avaya OD, I am able to get above mentioned items as part of war file.

Can you please suggest me how to get above mentioned files using the ANT script which runs from command prompt.

Also we are deploying our modules in web logic environment. Having said that do we really need those files/folders?
WilsonYu
For weblogic, the context.xml file is not needed. It's for Tomcat only. The index.html and the jsp files are optional for app deployment validation purpose. While the index.html (which contains only couple links to the jsp file) is generated by the java code of the export wizard, the jsp file templates can be found in the Eclipse_HOME\plugins\com.avaya.sce.core_<version>\data\jsp. The templates have pretty much all the logic but lack of the app specific information that the export wizard code fills in.
AntBuild
Thank you so much for the reply.

Is there a way i can get those index.html and JSP files when i run script build.xml from command line ?
WilsonYu
As I said the index.html only contains some links. There is no access. You don't need it. You can access the Eclipse directory for the jsp files
AntBuild
So just to confirm , can I say I dont need Index.html and JSP/<*.jsp> files to run my application in web logic server without any issue?
WilsonYu
Correct.
AntBuild
Hi,

I just found that when I run build.xml from command prompt its not creating "adminvarinfo.xml" which should be in /data/adminvarinfo.xml.

Can you help what this is for? How can i get this when I run from command prompt?
Also do we need this when we deploy application in web logic to run application?
WilsonYu
This file can be generated on demand using the context menu Orchestration Designer->Export Configurable Variables if the project uses the Configurable Variables feature/PDC. This file contains the variable definitions that EPM needs in deployment mode. Otherwise you don't need this file.
AntBuild
We are check in our code into GitLab and as per our coding standards we are not checking in .class files to GitLab. When my pipeline runs my ANT build.xml , its not copying .class files into temp folder (project.dir.classes) as "classes" folder is empty. Also javac is not generating .class files while compiling. Is there a way we can generate .class files with ANT script , javac and have a full .JAR file in WAR file. Here is my Javac command in my ANT script.

<javac classpathref="project.classpath" debug="${javacDebugInfo}" destdir="${dir.classes}" encoding="UTF-8" failonerror="${javacFailOnError}" includeAntRuntime="no" source="1.5" target="1.5" verbose="${javacVerbose}">
<src path="${dir.source}"/>
</javac>
WilsonYu
I don't understand your problem. You can certainly use Ant to compile java files into classes similar to the script you already have.
AntBuild
So here is my actual question . Its little different than above question.

We place all our JARs to one local directory and in class path we point all required JARs to that drive/<jar-name.jar.
We are able to build and create a WAR file in eclipse. Same with web logic environment. All JARs are in one place and web logic configured to look in that directory for any JAR in runtime.

Now question is when I run my ANT script with pipeline its failing when "Javac" ran and looking for JARs.
I kind of stuck how can i over come this and how can I pass those JARs to ANT -> javac to recompile to generate .class files.
Can you help me with any idea ?
AntBuild
I need UNIT test case for OD WAR file. Can I get sample script to do unit testing for OD module WAR file?
WilsonYu
Please take a look at this existing post for the unit test topic:

https://www.devconnectprogram.com/forums/posts/list/23416.page#p158626
Go to:   
Mobile view