SteffenBisgaard
Hallo,

I have a record node, and a servlet (DoNotDeleteTempFile) that stores a recorded message in the data/temp directory, and also stores the full path to this file in a table on SQL server.

With tihs information, I can create an application that retrieves the file at a later date, and plays it back to a caller.

What I would like is for the caller to have the option to delete the file when ready (sort of like a voice mail scenario).

How do I delete the file from within DD? I have the full path to the file, but I am missing the java code to do the actual deletion.

ShwetaBehere
You would have to write some custom Java code to delete the file.
SteffenBisgaard

Exactly.
I was hoping someone could show me an example of such code though.
WilsonYu
I don't like your approach. You should either store the file in the SQL Server and retrieve it later when playing it or copy the file to a special location so that you know exactly where you can keep track of it. The temp directory and the file name of the recording are not meant to be managed by the app like that.
SteffenBisgaard
Hi,

Thanks for you feedback which Is actually quite appreciated.

I would love to move the file , but again, I need some help with the java code to do that. How do I move, copy, delete files in java?

Storing it in the SQL Server db would be even better I guess - but again, I would love to have some pointers on how to do that.

Thanks for you input!
WilsonYu
We already have some sample code in another post for copying the file:

https://devconnect.avaya.com/public/forum/d_forum_3.jsp?t=10056&f=6

If you have running a later version of DD 5.1 or above, saving a recording file would be pretty simple by following the Database BLob Support section in the help document.
SteffenBisgaard
VPMS 4.1.0.1.2710
MPP 4.1.0.1-2701

With above, can I upgrade DD to 5.1 and still expect everything to work? And if so, are there any recommended upgrade procedures, or is it just a case of running the installer.

Blob support sure sounds like the way t o go.

WilsonYu
The apps from DD 4.1 should continue to work on VP 4.1 after the upgrade. The steps are really simple:
1. Update DD to 5.1 then import the apps from DD 4.1 into the new Eclipse environment.
2. Prepare the app server with the new runtime library and deploy the app.
Go to:   
Mobile view