mguthrie
We have an outbound application that puts the agent on hold, then it uses a Dial with the AEP connector to call a customer. After the call is done, we do a Disconnect and a Retrieve.

The retrieve and disconnect works fine most of the time, even if the customer is busy or doesn't answer the phone. However, about half the time if the call is busy, the "Retrieve" portion throws an exception:

"Wait time exceeded trying to retrieve call on hold."

When this application is in our environment, this exception never occurs. In the customer's environment, it occurs about 50% of the time when the customer is being dialed to and has a busy signal.

I either need to know how to resolve that issue so the exception never occurs, or I need to know if there's some way I can retrieve the call when this happens. Thank you.
massimo__croci
HI. Where do you see this error, on the AEP ? Are you able to collect logs ? It sounds in your customer's environment something happens 50% of the time causing this issue.
mguthrie
I see this error in the logs on the application, as well as the AES connector logs.

Edit: Here are the logs. Search for this string:

29/09/2022 15:51:46:708 DEBUG - Retrieve.doRetrieve: retrieving ext:51604

Filename aes.trace.log [Disk] Download
mguthrie
I edited my prior post to include the logs.
massimo__croci
Hi.

Check the AVB (Avaya Voice Browser, it's the VXML interpreter) log file on the MPP to see if the AVB attempts to disconnect the caller. You can change the log level to finest on the EPM for the browser.

If the AVB is not dropping the call, you need to collect the JTAPI log by going into the "tsapi.pro" file and setting 'debug level' = 7, then repeat the test (set debug back to 0 to avoid a very large file as in many cases the JTAPI log file grows quickly).
Go to:   
Mobile view