RajatVerma
Dear All,
For mitigating the log 4j vulnerability I have installed a new tomcat(9) instance from scratch and deployed runtime libraries of OD 8.1.1.

I have an OD script which was developed on OD version 8.1.0 and I am deploying that war file here as it is without upgrading it to 8.1.1, but in that case my OD trace.logs are not getting generated. I have also attached ddlog4j.properties and ddrt.properties file with this thread.

NOTE : If I deploy the script in tomcat configured with runtimelibraries of OD 8.1.0, trace files are successfully generated (with same ddlog4j.properties and ddrt.properties).

Filename ddlog4j.properties [Disk] Download
Filename ddrt.properties [Disk] Download
massimo__croci
Hi.
On the ddlog4j.properties, try to

- replace " # log4j.rootLogger=info, stdout " with " log4j.rootLogger=info, stdout " then test;

- replace " log4j.rootLogger=info, stdout " with " log4j.rootLogger=error, stdout " then test again.

This is not clear: 'without upgrading it to 8.1.1'. Did not you click the automatic pop up windows asking you to upgrade when importing the project ?
RajatVerma
Hello Massimo,
Thanks for your revert.
On the ddlog4j.properties, try to replace " # log4j.rootLogger=info, stdout " with " log4j.rootLogger=error, stdout " then test again.
********************This is done but no change, logs are not getting printed.....

Regarding your other query, I have an existing developed application in OD 8.1.0 for which I have a build (war) file and not the source code so I am not able to upgrade to 8.1.1. I have created a new tomcat infra with runtime files of OD 8.1.1 but running an application which was developed on OD 8.1.0.

As there are major changes with log42 in OD 8.1.1, will my application (developed on OD 8.1.0) will work ?
massimo__croci
HI Rajat. Sorry I'm a bit confuded. Where do you face the log issue, the desiger tool (AOD) or the platform (AEP) ?

War files are related to the platform (AEP) , on the designer tool (AOD) you can create a project then export the war file and the runtimeconfig files to be deployed on the app server used by the platform.

"I have an existing developed application in OD 8.1.0 for which I have a build (war) file and not the source code " -> so you created the project on the AOD 8.1.0 then exported the war file for the platform, right ?

For developing on the AOD 8.1.1 an app previously created on the AOD 8.1.0:
- On the ISO file, copy the folder ' AOD-8.1.1 ' then paste on your system (stand-alone, no need to be installed). Insede the folder there's Tomcat 9.0.39 working out of the box. ON the ISO, there's text doc with links to download Java. AOD 8.1.1 can stay alongside other AOD releases, just create the workspace inside that folder and use its own app server;
- export the project as 'Archive' file from the AOD 8.1.0 then import that archive into the AOD 8.1.1. During the procedure, the system will ask you to upgrade the runtime files automatically (two popup windows will appear).

On the 8.1.1 build 0801, the AOD Log4j2 components were updated from v2.14.0 to 2.17.1 (log4j-api-2.17.1.jar and log4j-core-2.17.1.jar). Your app should work fine.
Go to:   
Mobile view