jfserna
Can someone post an XML example of a AES SMS API call interacting with a station or agent? I'm using postman and all my calls are going through authentication and then coming back as "Error 500: Bad Request".
JohnBiggs
I don't thinkanyone can do that since SMS interacts with the SAT provisioning forms and not directly with agents nor stations.

On the assumption that you are trying to interact with the station and agentID provisioning forms,
have you tried using the builtin php testing tool that is available through AE Services Web OA&M interface?
http://10.x.x.x/smsxml/smsxml_test.php

Or using the sample code to get the XML?
This is described in the programmer's guide for SMS.
jfserna
Thank you for your response. To give some background on myself, I'm a software developer that was hired to automate the terminated employee process at my work place. I don't have any experience with Avaya beyond learning how to manually remove agents and stations through Avaya Site Administration. After meeting with Avaya reps I was told that the AES Web Services API can remove agents and stations. I have not tried the php testing tool yet but I will try it out today. I have tried getting to the sample XML from the WSDL, but WSDL to XML converters haven't worked with it and my manually translated XML calls aren't working.

What are SAT provisioning forms and how would they change my API calls?

Thank you in advance.
JohnBiggs
The SAT (System Access Terminal) is a 1980's era interface to communication manager to do provisioning, maintenance, and other activity. At the time it was built it far exceeded what was available in comparable products. It remains my goto choice for interfacing with the product. In the late 1980s a computer-to-computer integration was built that allowed translations from a PBX that was going end of sale to be imported in bulk. This integration in time has become the System Management Interface that is supported by Applications Enablement Services. At some other point in time Avaya Site Administrator was developed which may use this computer-to-computer integration (I am not really sure – I tend to think it does since it has a alternative mode that you need to use to use certain operations like “list trace”). While SMS does not support every SAT form that exists, it supports the majority of the highly used forms. Some SAT forms are not strictly a form but a form of a report (e.g. list trace or list mst) and are not supported by SMS.

In general, it is assumed that someone who is working with SMS will be (or need to become) familiar with how to do operations using the SAT in order to do the parallel operation through SMS. Your ASA background will help you work with SMS, the capabilities parallel each other in the two integrations, but the user/machine integration creates significant differences in what you as a user ‘see’.

For contact center related provisioning and operations there is a very comprehensive document (Expert Agent Selection and Call Vectoring) covering the majority of agent related operations. I personally like to find a PDF version of the document, but here is a hypertext version https://documentation.avaya.com/es-XL/bundle/CCEliteFeatureReference_r81x/page/ExpertAgentSelection_ScreenReference.html

Given you state your goal is offboarding people, some SAT commands would be
• list agent (note you will probably need to page-ate the response using the 'count' parameter as described in the web services programmer's guide) to avoid the operation timing out on a system with a large number of agents
• remove agent XXX
• list station (again page-ation is probably necessary – there is a SMS sample application in the AES Sample apps showing how to accomplish this).
• remove station YYY (depends on how deep you need to go to remove the employee)
You could settle for changing the passwords using
• change agent XXX
• change station XXX
operations.

The agent related screens from the SAT and their fields can be found in the lengthy Communication Manager Administration guide - https://download.avaya.com/css/public/documents/100015138 you will want to look for a version that matches up with the release of communication manager you are working with, but these forms have not changed much in many years.

The SAT presents named fields, SMS uses similar terminology but maps the operation into a SOAP based request and response paradigm, SMS isn’t laid out as consumable for the human, but it is not intended to be used that way, it was designed to be machine readable (albeit over time the web services technology has evolved a long way from SOAP).
Go to:   
Mobile view