UmeshC
Hi All,

We are working on recording application for Avaya Aura 10.x. We are able to register station without password. When there is a call on registered station we can see RTP data in wireshark and able to capture and play using wireshark.
But VLC media player unable to open that live stream (using Media->Open Network Stream option). It gives "VLC is unable to open the MRL 'tp://192.168.4.37:24640/audio'."

192.168.4.37:24640 is IP and port which we have given in our MR station registration. Is there any JAVA sample code available to save RTP stream into wav or mp3 file. Does Avaya Media Stack support this feature?

Thanks & Regards
Umesh
MartinFlynn
The RTP packets sent from Avaya Media Server/Gateway to your port are made up of Header and payload parts. Wireshark reads the packets over the wire and is able to extract the media in the payload.

I don't know why VLC can't handle the media as I do not know anything about how VLC works. It is worth noting that a media stream is more than just packets of data - the receiver must know things like the codec, encryption packet size ... It must also be able to handle network related issues, such as packets arriving late or out of order.

Avaya Media Stack is not of production quality and is only useful for some of the sample applications.
UmeshC
Thanks Martin for reply.
Now I am able to play using VLC Network Stream option after running VLC on different PC. I have set IP address of VLC machine in station registration.
Can you suggest any media library for recording the stream?

Thanks & Regards
Umesh
MartinFlynn
I can't help you there, sorry. I think you have three options:
1. Write your own based on https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc3550 .
2. Purchase a stack from a vendor
3. Look for a free library online. RTP is a standard protocol and has been around for many years so I am sure there are several free libraries available.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view