rkloth
We want to use the REST API for Presence Services for presence federation.
Therefore we need to set the presence states of other users via an API.
How it is possible to set a presence state for another user via the REST API of Presence Services?
rkloth
Yes, we checked the REST API documentation carefully and made many tests but could not figure out any endpoint which works.
I can only change the presence for my own extension. But we need a functionality to change the presence of other extensions.
Could you please tell me which endpoint works.
TaheenSomosiline
Unfortunately, directly setting the presence state of another user through the Presence Services REST API is generally not allowed. This is because it's a privacy concern and could be misused.

Here are some alternative approaches to consider:

Presence Subscription: Instead of setting presence directly, you can subscribe to presence updates for the users you're interested in. This way, you'll receive notifications whenever their presence state changes.

User-Initiated Updates: Encourage users to update their presence states manually through your application or another interface. This gives them control over their own presence information.

Third-Party Integration: Some Presence Services might offer integrations with other platforms (like Microsoft Teams) that allow users to set their presence across different applications.

It's best to consult the specific documentation for the Presence Services you're using. They might have alternative methods for managing presence information programmatically.

If your profile shows "PM" (Product Manager), you might also consider reaching out to the development team behind the Presence Services to discuss your specific use case. They might be able to offer custom solutions or workarounds.
rkloth
Our application synchronizes the presence status between MS Teams and a PBX. To do this we need the functionality to set the presence status of "any" user. The mentioned "alternative approaches" do not help.

Especially the "privacy concern" I don't understand. This is just a question of permission.
All the major other PBX vendors do provide a interface to set the presence status for a third-party application.

I'm not a "PM" - how can I nevertheless reach out to the development team behind Presence Services?
Go to:   
Mobile view