PaulZammit
I think I am getting myself in to a muddle over this PSN: https://support.avaya.com/css/public/documents/101086893
This PSN seems to imply that either only one application can use CCT at anyone time, or only one application can control an agent/terminal at any one time. The mixing of "control" and "monitor" in the problem description is confusing.

We have used the CCT .NET API to monitor calls quite happily for many years. In some places we also make calls. Users use the Avaya client for call control, and these are SIP environments (not that this makes any difference to the PSN).

I looked at using the CCT Open interfaces, but they also seem to fall fowl of this PSN.

Can anyone shed some light as to whether;
- we can continue to use the .net api to monitor only?
- or we should switch to the open API's to monitor only?
- there is now no supported solution (which I find hard to believe)?

(There is history as to why we use the .net api, a switch will not be a problem - it's just to where!?)

Many thanks.
PaulZammit
Hi All,

We have been told by another party that the .NET API is not supported for monitoring due to this PSN. But we are not really seeing that in the way the PSN is written.
Our main aim is to monitor only and we are wondering if we are correct in our interpretation of this PSN.

Any help gratefully received.
EdwardO'Connor
HI Paul,
Refer to:: Avaya Communication Control Toolkit SDK Reference - Release 7.0
You can use the .Net API for monitoring.
You can set your session to Monitor Only see the section "ClientProfile Enumeration".
(Nortel.CCT.ClientProfile.MonitorOnly;)
If you are monitoring more than one Agent, you will need to use a multisession approach..
This will require one session per agent. Each Agent will have it's own SessionID.

Take a look at the section: "Programming multi-session applications".

I'd suggest you open Technical Support Ticket for further information.
Hope this helps.
Edward
Go to:   
Mobile view