PaulZammit
Hi all,

We have traditionally used the .NET API with a single CCT user logon to monitor multiple agents. This is done by configuring multiple agents to a single CCT user.

We are being told by a third party that Avaya no longer support this configuration. I can not find any PSN's that relate to this, but I can find configuration documents as late as March this year detailing this configuration which were produced by Avaya. Evidence seems to imply it's still a valid configuration.

Short of opening a ticket; can anyone point me towards relevant documentation?
I suspect if this is the case it will affect other people here too.

Thanks.
chapmx_627
Our experience to date is that this still works with AACC but not ACCS. With ACCS there is really no way we have seen to create this mapping. We have seen the similar questions posted in these forums multiple times but have not seen a clear response to whether possible or not in ACCS.
EdwardO'Connor
The Communication Control Toolkit SDK is designed to support a one-to-one relationship between each Agent and any application monitoring the Agent via a session associated with a CCT User profile. The SDK is not designed to monitor multiple Agents via a single session (CCT User profile). Use of such a mapping is not supported. Applications monitoring multiple agents must utilize multiple sessions with a CCT-User profile for each agent.
PaulZammit
chapmx_627 - thanks. I went and confirmed that the (new) target is AACC7.1 But I've noted the difficulty on ACCS.

EdwardO'Connor - thanks. Our aim is to use a single CCT user with all agents associated, then, down the line have one session per agent logged on. So, same CCT user used for multiple sessions acquiring a single agent.

Basically I want to be able to do what is displayed in the attached image still.

• [Thumb - UserConfig.jpg]
[Disk] Download
EdwardO'Connor
Hi Paul,

"Our aim is to use a single CCT user with all agents associated" I am assuming you are talking about an application that has "Full Control" of the agent both monitoring for events and invoking control requests (e.g. logging the agent in) - If that is the case that is is not the correct use of the SDK, is unsupported, and will lead to problems. While your testing may make you think it works, it does not work at scale and will have real time issues in production applications.

Take a look at "Avaya Communication Control Toolkit SDK Reference - Release 7.0 "

It comes bundled with the CCT.Net SDK.
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_contact_center/releases/7_1/index.gsp#download-7

Refer to "Programming multi-session applications" for guidance.

If you require further information I'd suggest you log a "Technical Support Request".

Regards

Edward
PaulZammit
Hi Edward,

Thank you again.

I read the section you pointed to and it talks about session management. It doesn't say anything about the number of resources a session can have.
However, in the referred section "Programming guidelines" it says the following:

"Session-Global Events— All events found on the individual Terminal, Address and User objects also appear on the Session object. Adding an event handler to an event on the Session object provides global coverage for that type of event across all terminals/addresses/users that are allocated to the session.

If your application would normally add an event handler to a particular event on all terminal/address/user objects, consider adding a single event handler to the corresponding event on the Session object instead. This provides a reduction in session setup time if a large number of terminal/address/user objects are allocated to the session and reduces the performance impact on the server. However, if your application does not require events from all resources at all times, then the resource-specific event handlers should be used. "

If you cannot associate multiple agents (IAgent derived from IUser) to a CCT user, this would make no sense. This was taken from the 7.1.2.1 SDK.

Now; I'm not arguing with what you are saying here - I am pointing out my utter confusion in the documentation provided. I am not finding anything in any of the Avaya documentation that explicitly says the configuration previously shown is unsupported - quite the opposite! I am trying to prove your (and the third parties) position.

For example - there is this from March this year where on page 24 it explicitly says "agents": https://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/525df37c-16e9-4e7a-ae42-603bf2401aa9
(To save time, it's an Avaya produced application note on how to configure a redbox recording system and shows the CCT admin page for AACC 7.1.2 with one user selected, but explicitly says: "Select the agents you require additional agent metadata for from the column Agents Available.".)

I am in essence looking for that smoking gun so I can go back with something in hand.

Thank you again for your help.
Maybe a ticket is the way forward.
EdwardO'Connor
Hi Paul,
Thank you for pointing out the other issues that you found that were incorrect.
Guidance has been given to us by the product team in 2023.
Thanks
Edward
PaulZammit
Hi Edward,

There are also a number of other application notes showing this configuration (I went back to 2019 seeing what other applications have as config.), and I am aware of an application that has used this configuration for the last 9 years with no issues.

Did they say why they changed their position at all?
I'm guessing that, if you're a new development, that that is the advice they are giving out for AACC now(?). (Sorry for all the "that's"!)

If the position has changed, I guess it has changed, and we need to work with it as it is going forward. Shame there isn't a PSN covering this - or rather - a PSN I could find.

Thanks for letting me know your source. It gives me something to take back and explore more.

Kind regards,
Paul.
Go to:   
Mobile view