Thijs
In the sample communication application, the parameter uccpUrl received from onCallConferenceStatusChangedCallback is parsed in order to provide the configuration for the conference.start() method.
In the documentation for the Conference start it mentions that is optional and deprecated since version 1.1:

Name Type Argument Description
config Object <optional>

@deprecated This parameter is deprecated since version 1.1.

Do we still have to provide a config to the Conference.start() ? Also, how can we provide this config is we don't have the uccpUrl from the onCallConferenceStatusChangedCallback ?

If we look into the Conference object that we retrieve from call.getConference(), after running conference.start() without a config, all the capabilities are allowed: false with the denialReason: "CAPABILITY_INVALID_STATE". Also, trying to add a participant fails with: message: "addParticipant method is not implemented" name: "CAPABILITY_NOT_ALLOWED".

Why is CAPABILITY_INVALID_STATE and how can we fix it ?
JMiddleton
Are you trying to use AvayaMeetings meet me style conferencing, or CM ad-hoc conferencing?

Either way you don't need to provide any config to conference.start()

When dialing into a AvayaMeetings conference bridge the onCallConferenceStatusChangedCallback will execute during call setup. After which you should getConference() and conference.start(). This is detailed in the separate conference sample app.

For ad-hoc conferences you need to make two calls (one will be on hold), then use call.getConference() on the active call and conference.addParticipantFromCall(heldCall). For ad-hoc conferences all or nearly all of the capabilities are intended to be disabled because CM conferencing doesn't support those functions. They are instead supported by AvayaMeetings.
Thijs
Thanks for the answer. We are using ad-hoc conferencing, because we are trying to add participants to an existing call.

Does this mean that Conference.addParticipant is not functional?
ibogdan012024
JMiddleton wrote:Are you trying to use AvayaMeetings meet me style conferencing, or CM ad-hoc conferencing?

Either way you don't need to provide any config to conference.start()

When dialing into a AvayaMeetings conference bridge the onCallConferenceStatusChangedCallback will execute during call setup. After which you should getConference() and conference.start(). This is detailed in the separate conference sample app.

For ad-hoc conferences you need to make two calls (one will be on hold), then use call.getConference() on the active call and conference.addParticipantFromCall(heldCall). For ad-hoc conferences all or nearly all of the capabilities are intended to be disabled because CM conferencing doesn't support those functions. They are instead supported by AvayaMeetings.

Right now when calling call.getConference() I can see in the console logs that a CM conference is started.
How do you start an AvayaMeetings conference ?
JMiddleton
Thanks for the answer. We are using ad-hoc conferencing, because we are trying to add participants to an existing call.

Yes, conference.addParticipant is not functional for ad-hoc conferencing. Instead you make another call and then use addParticipantFromCall(call) to add another participant. conference.addParticipant is functional with Avaya Meetings.
JMiddleton
ibogdan wrote:
Right now when calling call.getConference() I can see in the console logs that a CM conference is started.
How do you start an AvayaMeetings conference ?

To start an Avaya Meetings conference you can initiate a call to the directory number associated with that conference.
ibogdan012024
JMiddleton wrote:

Yes, conference.addParticipant is not functional for ad-hoc conferencing. Instead you make another call and then use addParticipantFromCall(call) to add another participant. conference.addParticipant is functional with Avaya Meetings.

I have followed your instructions regarding ad-hoc conferencing and addParticipantFromCall(call) to add another participant, but I receive the following errors:
ConferenceService: API called: Conference.addParticipantFromCall

> ConferenceService: Caught error inside promise handler
t {error: ‘CAPABILITY_NOT_ALLOWED'}

UserService: Caught service exception
t {error: ‘CAPABILITY_NOT_ALLOWED'}

I then also checked conference.getAddParticipantFromCallCapability(call) and I received isAllowed:false , denialReason: CAPABILITY_INVALID_STATE

How could I get addParticipantFromCall to work?
ibogdan012024
Update to my latest post: The addParticipantFromCall method works ONLY when conference.start() has not been called.
Why is this the case ?
JMiddleton
I take it you got it working.

The confusion results from conference.addParticipantFromCall(call) straddling the call and conference services. It might have been better to make the API call.createConferenceWithCall(call) so that you wouldn't think you needed to start the conference service to use it. On the other hand conference.addParticipantFromCall(call) works nicely for both creating the conference and adding additional participants to it.
Go to:   
Mobile view