thorsager
Hi all
I have an application running and working, I'm now trying to move to TLS both on the DMCC and the JTAPI side. I'm string out with the DMCC.

Adding certs and all, it actually looks as if communication is established, but times out and I get this very annoying exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException: class org.apache.log4j.Level cannot be cast to class com.avaya.common.logging.Level (org.apache.log4j.Level and com.avaya.common.logging.Level are in unnamed module of loader 'app')
at com.avaya.common.logging.Logger.getLevel(Logger.java:177)
at com.avaya.common.nio.managed.tlsImpl.TLSHandshakeHandler.handleRead(TLSHandshakeHandler.java:182)
at com.avaya.common.nio.managed.defaultImpl.DelegatingWritableReadChannelHandler.handleRead(DelegatingWritableReadChannelHandler.java:89)
at com.avaya.common.nio.channels.defaultImpl.DefaultChannelServicer.serviceChannels(DefaultChannelServicer.java:355)
at com.avaya.common.nio.channels.defaultImpl.SingleThreadedSocketChannelDaemon.run(SingleThreadedSocketChannelDaemon.java:111)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

does anybody have any insights, or perhaps guides for what specific steps are needed to enable TLS on DMCC communications..
I have added keystore and are currently running with the following props.

cmapi.secure=true
cmapi.certificate_hostname_validation=false
cmapi.certificate_validation=false

disabled host and cert validation just to move things allong

Once again any insights and help would be greatly appreciated
MartinFlynn
Make sure you are trying to connect to port 4722 and not 4721.

Also, use Wireshark to check the handshaking as the TLS connection is setup. If there is a certificate error, you should be able to get an idea as to what it is.

Martin
thorsager
Sure I'm running 4722, and I did a dump (screen dump attached, two connection attempts)

As I understand it, Server sends an Alert back "Internal Error"
Could this indicate wrong configuration on the AES something in that?
  • [Thumb - Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 12.36.32.png]
[Disk] Download
thorsager
I is a cert issue, I dumped the certs from the specific server, and added them to my trust-store, it looks like that did the trick...
so once again .. I jumped the gun, writing here.. and once again, thank you for forcing me to think :)

But the class cast exception, might be something to look into?
MartinFlynn
For the trace issue, make sure you are using the correct version of the log4j libraries for the version of the DMCC client you are using. Avaya changed to log4j v2 some time ago. It is possible that you are still using the old version.

Martin
thorsager
Hmm..
I am running Log4j2 but i need the log4j-1.2-api dep, as it looks like com.avaya.common.logging.Logger is still building on the old API.
thorsager
I was wrong though .. I have been able to get rid of the old Log4j stuff
Go to:   
Mobile view