massimo__croci
Hi guys.

There is a specific POM related question on the OD forum

https://www.devconnectprogram.com/forums/posts/list/26648.page#p167915

Is it possible to add, in some way, the PIM_CONTACT.USER_CONTACT_ID (see the attached screenshot from the 'POM database dictionary for the MSSQL 4.0.2' https://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/4b319c30-d48b-4078-b700-8b4334fd8cab ) -> "Contact ID provided while importing this contact record in the POM database. This should be used as a link between external customer database and POM database." ?

The Devconnect member needs to tie this data element back to a Do Not Call list record when the targeted phone number has 'opted out' at the conclusion of a received campaign call. This has become necessary due to regulatory auditing by the Telephone Consumer Protection Act ( https://www.ftc.gov/business-guidance/resources/co...lying-telemarketing-sales-rule )

Thanks in advance if you can help.
  • [Thumb - hhhh.jpg]
[Disk] Download
GlenTaylor2
I'm not going to give the answer to the "technical question" asked here because I believe the issue may be better handled elsewhere. What isn't entirely clear from the thread is what the POM user (Steve, I believe) is doing that creates this problem. Let me offer the following potential analysis. If this gets back to "Steve" and doesn't solve his problem, perhaps he can further explain his situation.

My assumption is that a contact record has been called. The called party has effectively stated, "Please put my number on the DNC." My hypothesis is that the POM strategy may be using the builtin POM capability to add a number to the DNC. If so, that may be a fundamental problem here that would be best solved by a change to the strategy. When POM is asked to add a number to the DNC, it does just that, it puts the subject phone number on one of its relevant "internal" DNC lists. All that goes onto that list is the number; no indication of which campaign or campaign record caused the action. In general, our practice is to inform POM users to generally avoid using this mechanism and the POM internal DNC lists themselves. Yes, the internal DNC lists can be handy as a final stop-gap to ensure that numbers on your "real" DNC list won't be called but the best practice is always to maintain your company's DNC list(s) external to POM. Just as this question is indicating, you will want to keep more information and more context for when and why a given phone number shouldn't be called. There are cases where a phone number is on the DNC for one person, but another person who uses the same number has granted permission. These are legally tricky, but you can see why globally blocking a number (and a "number" will be blocked for both voice and SMS) may not achieve the desired result.

Our recommendation is always maintain your DNC external to POM. When you feed records into POM, scrub them FIRST against your DNC and DO NOT send POM records that you don't want called. There are ways to use POM's internal DNC lists to ensure that records with a DNC number don't get imported, but again you are just loading and using the internal DNC lists as an additional fail safe, not as your primary repository for corporate DNC information.

OK, if we don't recommend using the POM "add to DNC" feature to put a number on a DNC list, what do we recommend? Use the DNC Completion Code (either the system built in or a custom completion code) to indicate when a record's phone number should go on your corporate DNC. There are multiple ways to get records marked DNC: export the contact list at the end of the job or get the info in real time via a Kafka feed or using a custom results processor. This procedure ensures that you HAVE the whole contact record which will naturally contain the USER_CONTACT_ID and all of the other attribute values from that record including the phone number, etc.

Implementing a change to the campaign strategy and/or adding a mechanism to capture and deal with records that get a DNC completion code may be slightly more work, but (a) there is probably no answer to the original question if my hypothesis earlier is true, and (b) this method will give much better information about the contact that requested DNC, when, in what campaign context, etc. because you will have built that into your DNC list updating routine and therefore will be much better able to demonstrate and defend your efforts at TCPA compliance should that be necessary.

...glen

__________________________ GLEN A. TAYLOR | Solutions Architect Interactive Northwest, Inc.
Go to:   
Mobile view