ncampbell
Hi,

I have a customer on POM 4.0 who would like to modify how they handle a processing result and I'm looking for some help to learn what's possible.

Currently, in the case of "Ring No Answer", the contact is retried after a few hours - so the campaign strategy is defined such that under the "Result (Ring No Answer)" result they have a single "Retry" child. They would like to change it so that the call is both retried _and_ the contact sent an SMS. However, as I understand it, there can only be one child node for each Result.

Incidentally, the SMS scheduling is implemented by seperate campaign - an Orchestration Designer application adds the contact to a different SMS contact list. They'd like to retain that mechanism if possible.

So the simplest solution would have been for the OD app to somehow request POM to retry the contact but obviously that's not possible because a) there's no PDC API for that, and b) the OD app can only be invoked from the strategy in the case of a successful call (which a "Ring No Answer" is not).

Should I be going down the route of writing our own implementation of PomCustomResultProcessor, or would that have the same limitation? Is what we're attempting even possible?

Any help appreciated - thanks!
Neil Campbell
Go to:   
Mobile view