RichardMudway
Hi,

I am trying to configure the stations (and add more) that come with the default install of the Avaya BDE, so that they work with IP Agent and have some of the Feature buttons.

Although the stations appear to work, my first problem is that when i call from IP Agent #1 to IP Agent #2 the call lasts for a millisecond and appears as a missed call. I would like for it to ring for longer and then be answered by an agent.

My second issue is activating the feature buttons so that the station works with some of the feature buttons like release.

I have tried looking through some docs but have not a good enough guide and need to get running quickly. So i would appreciate either some direction or/and some references to good documents.

FYI - the Stations i have tried using are: 40010, 40011, 40012.

Thanks again!

Rich.
JohnBiggs
The pre-existing extensions are parts of a scripts the load generator works with. The scripts auto answer and auto drop calls. I suspect that is what you are seeing.

Please take a look at /opt/configs/r16_twocabinets/user/vfm1.cfg

search for an row with 400010
It should look like

PORT 1B0110 TYPE SCRIPT EXT 40010 PHTYPE Standard

The last field (Standard) indicates what script to be running. The first thing I want to have checked is that extensions 40010 and 40011 are both set to Standard, and if you place a call between them it is stable. If you place a call to 40012 where the last field in that row is Agent1, I would anticipate that the scripting will interfere will call stability.

The other thing I know that creates call instability seems to be a switch hook state issue between the virtualized hardware and the software state. If you use the DADS Console to start the virtualized DCP station interfaces for the extensions you are working with and go off-hook and on-hook, that cleans up the state inconsistency and then calls from IP Softphone or IP Agent seem to not have immediate stability issues.

The last issue I am aware of is that Communication Manager runs an audit of the hardware at some interval. The virtualized hardware incorrectly responds to that audit which causes the call to end. The stability of the call was measured in 10's of minutes in the face of this issue. For one member I modified the virtualized hardware behavior, but in the process broke something.. I forget exactly what, I would have to go back and check that was over a year ago. I think it was interfacing external endpoints to BDE, that member did not have an issue with it as he wanted to use the virtualized DCP endpoints.

So step 1, verify the configuration of the stations, and verify 40010 to 40020 is stable (once you get the switch hook state aligned by using the virtualized DCP stations). If that works, will work with you to get more stations configured as "Standard" in your environment.

John
RichardMudway
Hi John,

I have checked the /opt/configs/r16_twocabinets/user/vfm1.cfg file and this shows more than the 3 stations(40010, 40011, 40012) as being Agent1, not Standard.

I cannot seem to edit the file as it seems to be owned by root and i dont have the password for root access.

I opened the DADS console, selected the from the Phones Menu the option 8434, entered one of the 3 stations (listed above) and was able to make a phone call between 2 IP Agent softphones. So this little trick does work, but sometimes i find that it does not stay that way and need to go back into DADS to reset it.

My plan is to be able to have some stations for Developer testing and then have DADS to load test the System. So do i need to exclude those extensions from the vfm1.cfg script?

Thanks,

Rich.
JohnBiggs
I send you some email to the account you have on record with devconnect.
Go to:   
Mobile view