MahendraReddy
Hi,
We have an Avaya setup with AVP integrated with CM on H.323 protocol. We have the requirement of agent screen pop-up data and monitoring the telephony events for which UUI data transfer through CTI is needed. Also the Call Back Assist functionality in the IVR for which the Converse-On functionality is needed.
Please clarify if these two can be implemented in the solution. In case of any challenges please explain if there is any work around for the same.

Thanks & Regards
Mahendra
NeilGoldsmith
You can pass UUI data via CTI and you can use Converse-On functionality. I'm not sure what work around you are looking for. I guess that depends on your system and setup. How the agent handles the screen pop is beyond the control of the app, so it is really a question that extends beyond just the application.
MahendraReddy
Hi Neil,

I came across an old forum thread with subject - "CTI Transfer with Converse On" (https://devconnect.avaya.com/public/forum/d_forum_3.jsp?t=7596&f=6). There it is highlighted that the are few problems when the CTI Blind transfer is used along with the Converse-on functionality.

Since we are planning to implement the same in out project I have raised this query. Please explain if there are any challenges when CTI blind transfer is used together with Converse-on feature. If yes, can we overcome this by using CTI consultation transfer.

Thanks & Regards
Mahendra
NeilGoldsmith
Are you using Converse On to pass data to the application as it starts? If this is the case, then the call is under control of CM and you will have issues with CTI transfers. The reason there is a difference between blind and consultation is that blind uses Fast connect which does not monitor VDN's and may not report necessary information, however if the call is under vector control, you will have issues with CTI whichever you use.

This is probably a better question to bring to CM though as they can give you a better description of how you might resolve or workaround the Converse issue.
JaapAsten
Hi,

After a Converse-on step in a vector CM still controls the call.
Trying to Transfer that call using CTI will fail because CM does not allow CTI to control the call which is needed if you want to use CTI to transfer the call.

In other words, you cannot use converse-on and CTI for the same call in Dialog Designer.

Converse-on is a methode to pass data between CM (in a vector) and an IVR system. It has been used for years before the time CTI was ever invented.
Go to:   
Mobile view