muhammadabrar2
Is there is any way to have VDN as a called number in a call routed to an agent by a custom application using tsapi. Actually when I route a call through tsapi, I get station id as called number in subsequent tsapi events. When ACD routes the call, I get VDN as called number in tsapi events.
What is the reason behind this behavior and is there any way to have VDN instead of station in called number?

Thanks,
Abrar
JohnBiggs
So as I understand the question you are using an adjunct routing step in a vector to direct a call to a specific agent, bypassing a ACD hunt group. In that case the called number becomes the agent's extension. You want to preserve the original VDN as the called number as the call terminates to the agent (where presumably you have a CTI monitor capturing call information for the call).

Is this correct?
I do not know off the top of my head, so I want to be more certain of your request before I go chasing the wrong question down.
muhammadabrar2
Yes - Absolutely correct.
muhammadabrar2
Yes - Absolutely correct.

Thanks,
Abrar
BrentBailey2
check your VDN override settings on the previous VDNs in the call flow.. if you route the call via adjunct route, I believe the calling from station will be the last active VDN (not including the adjuncting VDN).
muhammadabrar2
I have tried all possible combinations of VDN override settings.Still the same behavior.

Thanks,
Abrar
BrentBailey2
it is probably easiest to use the OCI (original call information) available from the station monitor of the agent extension that receives the call.
muhammadabrar2
Yes, You'r right. But the problem is this requires code change and currently we can not do this.

Thanks,
Abrar
muhammadabrar2
Yes, You'r right. But the problem is this requires code change and currently we can not do this.

Thanks,
Abrar
BrentBailey2
then use your adjunct routing application to set the collected digits buffer and then route the call to a vdn which has a vector that collects these digits and does a route to digits command in the vector. this should force the environment to use the VDN override settings (as long as they are set properly).
MartinFlynn
John asked me to look at this in my lab.

The only solution that I have come up with is to put the original Called Number into the User Info (UUI) field of the private data when performing the cstaRouteSelectInv(). This will then be available to the application monitoring the agent.

In the lab, there was no OCI data received by the application monitoring the agent so I don't think that method will work.

Martin
BrentBailey2
Martin/John,
You guys are good... really, really appreciate the support you guys provide on this forum and to the community.
Thanks,
Brent
muhammadabrar2
That means there is no way to prevent Called Number from being overwritten by extension when performing cstaRouteSelectInv().

Thanks a lot Martin/John for looking into this - Really appreciated.
BrentBailey2
use the collected digits option that I described.. it should work as it will force the called number to be a VDN (which can use override settings)
the uui option will also work but it would obviously require the code change.
muhammadabrar2
Brent, Thanks for your reply.

What if the collected digits is already being used?
Moreover, our application specify skill as well in cstaRouteSelectInv().

Thanks,
Abrar
Go to:   
Mobile view