JoondR2
What is the maximum number of ELE's that can be used in a CM Deployment?

Someone from a reseller mentioned that ELEs are tied to Locations in CM, and CM can only support 250 locations.

Is this correct? From what I understand, an AWOH extension is created for every ELE in a well-configured environment, and in that scenario the limitation will be the amount of extensions that can be configured.
JohnBiggs
could you expand ELE for me please? It is YAUA (Yet Another Unfamiliar [Avaya] Acronym).
JoondR2
Hi John

it stands for Emergency Location Extension, and is the value that is filled in at the bottom of page 2 (I think) in the SAT change station command.

The location is (I think), the combination of Building, Floor and Room on the station info.
JohnBiggs
The Emergency Location Extension is stored in the station user record (data structure), so the answer that I can find is "the limitation will be the amount of extensions that can be configured."

I find no mention of it in the Communication Manager System Capacities document, which furthers the view that it is 1:1 with the number of station extensions that are supported in the platform.

ELEs COULD be tied to locations in a particular deployment (that is one way about thinking about them), but that is not necessarily the only deployment option that can be supported given how the data is related (I find no relationship between location and ELE from a provisioning perspective).
JoondR2
Thanks John, that is what I had thought too.

Is there an upper limit of 250 locations?
JohnBiggs
From the Avaya Aura? Communication Manager System Capacities Table documentation.

250 max locations on S87XX/85XX; 50 on S8300. 6 on S8400
JoondR2
Excellent, thanks for that.
Go to:   
Mobile view