ScottJeslis
There was a thread in the IPCoDE forum (https://devconnect.avaya.com/public/forum/d_forum_3.jsp?t=6010&f=42) on how to set up a loopback to do an outbound call which comes back in but I couldn't get past defining a loopback node as BDE had a loopback2 defined with the CM's old IP address. I changed networking to bridge to corporate LAN.

Seems like procr is already defined with the CM's IP address and change node-names won't let me add another entry with the same IP.

Thanks
Scott
ScottJeslis
Looks like in BDE Signaling Group 10 is already defined to loopback2... so maybe my only issue is getting loopback2 to point to the same IP as the CM.
ScottJeslis
I'm trying this suggestion on how to change this loopback2 IP from here:

https://devconnect.avaya.com/public/forum/d_forum_3.jsp?t=9943&f=27

Hopefully that will work.
JohnBiggs
create a new node-name (loopback99 - or whatever), and assign it Communication Manager's existing IP. Use the new node-name in your signalling group for the loop back trunk group.

The entries in BDE's node-names table are for the medpro simulations. Don't mess with them. they should have IPs of 127.0.0.1 and 127.0.0.2
JohnBiggs
oops I am confused.. 127.0.0.2 and 127.0.0.3 are "prowler1 and 2" respectively.. ... using a new name for the node-name is all you should need to do.. rest of the instructions are similar, although you need to do a 'busy sig 10' to allow a change the node name assigned to the signalling-group 10 and 'release sig 10' when you are done.
ScottJeslis
Yes it worked per instructions on that old thread. I defined a loopback and switched out loopback2 on signaling group 10. Thanks!

Is there documentation on what is already in place for us to use in the BDE?
JohnBiggs
Unfortunately there is not much information about the existing configuration for BDE, you have to use list commands and the SAT to discover what is there to work with. The loopback trunk group was something I added in BDE as I migrated from IPCoDE due to the popularity of the request for how to do it.
Go to:   
Mobile view