StavrinosKyriakou
Hello,
We have recently purchased Avaya's BDE. We got it up and running and it seems to be working OK.
Now we need to connect Avaya's IP agent and softphones so that we can be able to test some applications we have been working on.
From what I have seen on Communication Manager, there are some agents and softphone extensions, preconfigured so I guess we will probably use those.
Avaya's softphone connects fine. I tested it and it's OK.
We are going to need to also connect Avaya's IP agent. I have installed it and connected to an extension which again worked fine.
When I try to log on an agent however, nothing happens.
On Avaya IP agent I click Agent->Agent Login->Agent ID and Password but nothing happens.
I used the already preconfigured agents, for example 610001. Although I don't know the passwords for the preconfigured agents so I am not sure if the problem is there (the password is wrong).
We have also tried using DADS but having no documentation makes it quite hard to work with.
How can we connect an agent to BDE? Do we need to make any changes on CM? Are specific extensions tied to specific Agent IDs? If yes, where can we find any documentation on those?
Is there documentation on CM specifically for BDE (like there is for AES)?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards.

Stavrinos
StavrinosKyriakou
Anyone has any idea on how to solve this?
Someone from Avaya maybe :)
Thanks!
JohnBiggs
Sorry for the delay in responding... I took a few days of vacation, and there were piles of work when I returned.

I would suggest using the 500xx range of extension for the agents. The load generator is using the higher range (e.g. 6100xx)

You can use the 'change agent 500xx' command and set the agent password, to whatever you wish. I do not think any of the 500xx series agent-IDs have passwords, and unfortunately the SAT does not show you a difference between when one is provisioned and when one is not... entering a space will clear the password for an agent.

You can use the 'list trace station xxxxx' for the extension you are trying to log the agent in from to see details for the login attempt. This is especially true if you use feature access codes to login. I am ont sure what methodology IP Agent uses to log the agent in, so list trace station may or may not be helpful. You can certainly use feature access codes to log the agent in (*8850001) and out (*89) and change work modes. The agent related feature access codes are on the 'change feature-access-codes' form on about page 5 or so.

I also suggest using 40010 and 40011 as the first extensions you work with... the load generator and scripting is not messing with those extensions, so you get less interference.
Go to:   
Mobile view