AdamEurich
Hello,

I'd like to be able to mount a folder that is shared on a windows machine on the BDE AES Linux machine. I don't have the root password and sudo will only let me do so much.

[craft@aessim media]$ sudo mount
[sudo] password for craft:
Sorry, user craft is not allowed to execute '/bin/mount' as root on aessim.

How can I get the files I generate onto the Linux machine so they can be played?

Thanks,

Adam
JohnBiggs
sftp : it will work if you are using winscp an open source secure ftp tool. or any other secure ftp tool you have in your environment.
AdamEurich
No way I can get the root password? I plan on using a share of some kind when we go to production and I'd rather test it on the BDE the same way we're going to use it with a real switch.
JohnBiggs
I can give you the root password. I don't like to openly share it because I had a member make OS level changes to a version of IPCoDE and cost me days to unravel the damage. Please open a Technical Support request, and mention my name in it and I will provide it to you.

I am architecturally concerned about your approach. I can see the potential for issues (latency, what happens when the share is not available, etc), and I am not sure development/support would support such an approach. If you open a second ticket, I will get that answered and provide a response to the basic architecture you propose.
AdamEurich
I'm completely open to suggestions. I might end up sharing the Linux directory and mapping a windows drive to that instead but I need root access for that too.

I opened a Technical Support request.

Thanks John,

Adam
Go to:   
Mobile view