ChrisDaniels
Hi All,

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere; I've not had much luck finding it if so and this is my first dabble with JTAPI.

I've been testing the Agent Viewer Sample Application available on Devconnect. I can establish the link with the AES server without issues however I'm receiving the 'Generic Error' outlined in the pdf guide:

"Generic Error while adding the Agent
Possible causes:
1.   Agent is already logged in
2.   Call is already in progress at the station
3.   Station is out of service
4.   Agent Password is incorrect
5.   Agent ID entered is incorrect
Please verify and Try Again"

None of these are applicable in this case. The only issue I can think of is that we do not have EAS enabled yet (it's in the pipeline) and so are unable to set the Hunt Group used as a Skill (Skill: y on page 2 of ch hunt xxx). I am guessing that the way the application attempts to login therefore is different to our site?

Assuming that is the issue, is anyone aware of how I could alter the application to allow for the splits that we use rather than skills.

If anyone has any advice it's much appreciated - even if it's just a 'yes, you need EAS or it won't work.'

Thanks in advance
Chris
sagardhemre
How does your application login the agent at your site?
ChrisDaniels
Thanks for the reply.

I have not altered the application with the exception of the Agent.properties and TSAPI.PRO file to allow for IP addressing and TLINK for AES. Unless I've misunderstood the question? My Java and JTAPI understanding is still very limited (I'm learning and this is the first practical use I've tried as it would be useful at our site). However the sample application does it by default is how it is trying to login

In terms of manually logging in, the agents just enter their credentials via the phone in the convention:

*69 = Login FAC
1111 = Hunt Group (Skill set to n as EAS not activated)
22222 = Agent Login ID

So to login:

Hope that makes sense. If i've misunderstood please let me know and I'll try and provide better information
MartinFlynn
Hi Chris,

I don't think EAS is required for the Agent Viewer. It just logs the agent into the phone. If you can do this manually from the phone, then Agent Viewer should work OK.

Most times that I got errors is was because there was an agent already logged into the phone. Use the Communication Manager SAT to issue the following two commands. They will make sure that no agents are logged in at the phone:

busyout station nnn
release station nnn

where nnn is the number of the phone.

Also, I presume you have a physical handset - Agent Viewer is not a softphone so there needs to be a real phone.

Martin
ChrisDaniels
Martin,

Thanks also for the reply and advice. I've tried busying out and releasing but still no luck. I can manually login and out without issues.

It may be worth mentioning that I am running this within Eclipse, not as a compiled application. I assumed that this should not make a difference as the link to AES is successful.

When I run the application, I'm able to view when the extension that I want to log into goes off hook etc so a link is there. I'm just not able to log the agent in using the App.

I had noticed that the Agent.properties file under /release/ was out of synch with the same file in /config/. I've since refreshed so that they are in synch.

I'd wondered about EAS simply as the .pdf advises setting the Hunt Group Skill field to :y and that this means the process for logging in manually is different.

Do you know of any logs that I could produce that would be useful to diagnose. I have the output in the console window of Eclipse for example.

Again, thanks for the help
MartinFlynn
Hi Chris,

I checked this in my lab and there does seem to be a difference for the EAS and non-EAS cases. If my memory is correct, in the LucentV7Agent.addAgent() method, the ACDAddress can be null for EAS but should have a proper address for the non-EAS case. I played around with this a little without success but this may be due to my configuration. I suggest you add your ACD address here and see if it works for you.

Martin
ChrisDaniels
Hi Martin,

Great - thanks for the information and your efforts. That gives me something to work with.

I'll report back...

Chris
RahulGupta5
That is cool discussion ... it is so helpful for me

Regards
Gupta
Go to:   
Mobile view