JonathanDiRienzi
My company has built a .NET application that interacts with CCT and our CRM system for tracking cases. There is a function call once the agent hangs up with a member that attempts to set the agent's not ready reason code:

_AgentTerm.NotReadyReasonCode = code;
where _AgentTerm is declared as Nortel.CCT.IAgentTerminal and code is "20"

This line is occasionally throwing an exception for particular agents...and it is not consistent - a reboot of CCT seems to clear the issue for a while.

The exception is:
System..::.NotSupportedException
An attempt was made to set or query the not ready reason code when the underlying service provider does not support this functionality.

It is occurring for 2-3 agents while the other 300 or so agents are not having any issues. The above is clipped directly from the SDK documentation - however, the cause of the exception is not explained.

My question is what causes CCT to throw that exception upon an attempt to set the NotReadyReasonCode property of an agent terminal?
JohnMcLoughlin
Hello,
You would need to log a ticket to have this request dealt with.
This forum is to handle general questions on the CCMS interfaces.
Thanks
John
JonathanDiRienzi
I am not looking for anyone to debug our code - I'm just looking for a more detailed explanation of the SDK Documentation. I only gave it as an example.

In essence, it is a general question about the .NET CCT SDK - I'm asking what causes the SDK to throw that particular exception? I'm just looking for the conditions in which that exception is thrown.

Is there another forum I should be posting to?
JohnMcLoughlin
Hello,
If you look at the RefClient source code which is supplied as part of the SDK - NotReadyReason codes are set using IAgent, so you could look at the way it is implemented there. The way you have it coded now (IAgentTerminal) may be perfectly Ok, but without looking in to your code it is difficult to say why the exception is being thrown.
John
Go to:   
Mobile view