AdamEurich
Trying to run the Native Configuration Manager and I get the response below and the applet never loads. I have tried using IE, Chrome and Firefox all with the same results. I have Java installed and it asks me if I want to run the app from 192.168.15.129 and I tell it that I do.

Native Configuration Manager

NOTE: DO NOT close this window while the Avaya Native Configuration Manager Applet is running. Doing so will cause the Applet to exit prematurely without warning, and you will be unable to recover any unsaved work.

Please wait for the Applet to load...

IpAdx = 192.168.15.129 Port = 5022 scriptable = false pluginspage = "http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/index.html#download">
JohnBiggs
As a workaround for you, download putty from the web, and connect to Communication manager's IP Address, login (craft/crftpw), and then type 'sat' to launch a provisioning session.

use a terminal type of 'w2ktt'
navigation commands are in the configuration document.

If you have access to Avaya Site Administrator and want a fancy GUI as opposed to the forms based SAT, you can use ASA.
JohnBiggs
I tested on my copy of BDE and Native Configuration Manager works.. it takes its sweet time to download, and required me clicking past numerous do you want to run, and security popups (you are allowing popup ups right?), but after 3-4 minutes it was running.

note the message at the bottom of the window regarding NCM and the required VERSION of java.
AdamEurich
Hi John,

I changed all three browsers to allow popups and still nothing.

When I run it on IE it asks me if I want to install the J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 14. I tell it to install then it fails because it says "You already have this version of the JRE installed. Please uninstall the product through your add/remove programs utility before reinstalling."

As far as I know I don't have ASA. How do I get it? Also, is there a manual for "sat"? I can see a bunch of commands I can do but I have no idea what they do.

Thanks,

Adam

JohnBiggs
I am assuming you have not switched BDE to a 'Corporate Network' configuration. Thus you can only try to connect from the host PC... right? If not, then try a different PC. Your problem sounds like it is out side of BDE/Communication Manager.

If the commands at the sat look like greek, ASA and Native Configuration Manager will look like the same language. Those tools have more surround, but they are just wrappers to the sat command structure.

To understand Communication Manager provisioning is a large undertaking. The customer documentation is the place to start, but I warn you it is a huge document with all the possible commands, but little in the way of task orientation. The task oriented documentation is the feature reference guide. Most Communication Manager administrators start with a course from Avaya about system provisioning. If you have no experience with the system there is a significant slope ahead of you.

The two documents I am referring to are on www.avaya.com/support in the Communication Manager documentation section. We noted today that there appear to be new security/tracking rules imposed on accessing content from that server. So you may need an Avaya SSO login.

https://support.avaya.com/css/Products/P0001/Administration%20&%20System%20Programming

Administering Avaya Aura? Communication Manager
Avaya Aura? Communication Manager Feature Description and Implementation
Go to:   
Mobile view