JonAlperin [Avatar]

As we transitioned to the new portal, the forum board technologies were completely incompatible. We are working to get a copy of the older forum board threads posted as a PDF for reference, but that will take a bit longer.

We have submitted the new forums for SEO, but as the content did not transition, there's not much that can be done about the old links until they naturally timeout from Google and other search engines.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Jon Alperin Managing Director, Avaya DevConnect
DanMcGrail
WOW - What a massive oversight. Let me get this straight. You have years of good content in the old forums and now its inaccessible. You just created a massive support work load for yourself because 99 out of 100 questions I have for you, I would find already answered in the old forum. Now you will get all 100 of my questions. Happy supporting!!
Anonymous

Totally agree with DanMcGrail. Old portal was really good source of info with possibility to search. Converting OLD forum to PDF will probably lose ability to search or make it very cumbersome. Now can't get my answers, which were available in OLD forum
:(
ClausSuffel
It's nice to have the new DevConnect portal available.
But losing all the valuable information of the old forums is a really high price to pay for that!

Having the old forum entries just in the form of PDF files is absolutely not practical.
GillesLevreau
Could you please give us an estimate of when the former content will be available in PDF format.

Thanks,
Gilles
JonAlperin [Avatar]

Apologies to all. This is still being worked. The mechanism by which our old forum boards stored, mapped and maintained information has made it more challenging to pull information out, and for some forums, the information is quite extensive (the initial cut at one years worth of material for one forum was in excess of 3000 pages of materials, due to included code fragments, etc.).

I do understand that this is very frustrating to you, our members. We are working this issue with priority, and I regret the inconvenience it has caused.

Jon Alperin Managing Director, Avaya DevConnect
DanMcGrail
So.... I initially replied in July. Now here we are in December. Will we all be getting a Christmas Present that allows us to access the old forum. Either by search or via some Easter Egg link that gets me back to the old forum, or do I have to wait until Easter for that.

Let us know, this is a killer.

Thank you and Happy Holidays.
JOHNNYMOORE [Avatar]

When will the old forum content be available? I've had a lot of valuable links turn invalid due to this transition.

Can the old forum not be resurrected for archival and easy searching purposes? That really seems like the simplest plan, you can freeze any posting capabilities and secure it by the new DevConnect portal. A PDF would be massive and cumbersome to navigate, but still better than nothing.

CraigJohnson5
We are looking at getting the old forum threads integrated into this forum infrastructure. There is not an official time table for when this will happen, but when there is a solid date in place an update will be given.
Go to:   
Mobile view