ElderPierre
I unregister and clean up my connection, when I try to connect again, I get the message:
com.avaya.api.portmanagement.NoMoreSwPortsException: There are no ports available for IP Address:MONTREWKN70855/10.1.9.10

I have to kill the whole softphone application and wait for about 5 minutes before I can re -login properly.

Are there any ways I can clean averything properly and re-login quickly?

Thank you.

P.S: I changed the Softphone application a little bit So that the dialpad GUI can stay up even when there is no connection. When connected, I can disconnect and keep the dialpad GUI up on the desktop. I get the above error when I try to reconnect.
ElderPierre
I tried the delivered Avaya Tutorial TTY Application, I am getting the same error:

1- register the app
2- unregister
3-rerigister: NoMorePort avaialble exception
4-try rerigister again: ch.ecma.csta.errors.ResourcesBusyException

Are there any known issues with the way we can register-unregister-and register again?

Thank you
JohnBiggs
So what I think I hear you saying is that you modified both apps so they dont fully shutdown, instead they get to the point of unregistering, but they then try to register again. When you have this behavior, it appears that the media stack did not fully release its resources (SwPorts), causing the problem you are seeing?

Is that a correct perception?

The media stack is known to have some issues (I am not aware of this one, but... ). As such in the download agreement for the software it indicates it is not intended for production use. If you can clarify the issue, and give me guidence in how to reproduce it, I am willing to raise it with the development team, but there is no guarentee it will be fixed.
ElderPierre
Hi John;

I did not modify the Avaya Tutorial TTY Application, I tried it as delivered.

I did modify the softphone application, when i noticed that I could not unregister and register again(NoMorePort avaialble exception ,ResourcesBusyException ), I decided to try the delivered Avaya Tutorial TTY Application to see how its done. I can't register/unregister/re register as that application seems to be built around this scheme. But while it allows you to unregister, it does error when you try to re register.

thx
JohnBiggs
and relative to the TTY app, did you try both the 5.2 adn 6.1 versions of the application, or just one?

Which version are you testing with?
ElderPierre
I am using version 6.1
trying to reregister 10 minutes after 1st time unregistering
com.avaya.api.portmanagement.NoMoreSWPortsException: There are no ports available for IPAddress:xx.xx.xx.xx

15 minutes after:
An Exception was cought while attemting to register:
ch.ecma.csta.errors.ResourceBusyException

25 mintes after same error

I think after 1 hr it will be registering again!!! because I went to lunch and I was able to reregistering!!!!
JohnBiggs
I am testing in an environment where Java 1.6.0_24 is loaded and AE Services 6.1.0_501 Java SDK against an AE Services r6-1-0-20-0 and do not see the issue you are stating. I started the runTutorialTtyApp, and can repeatedly register and unregister the application.

Is this exactly your test scenario?
1- register the app via the tool bar drop down.
2- unregister via the tool bar drop down.
3-rerigister: via the tool bar drop down. NoMorePort avaialble exception
JohnBiggs
What OS are you on.. I am using Windows XP SP 2
ElderPierre
Windows 7 professional on 32-bits OS
JohnBiggs
I don't have easy access to a Windows 7 system to test from, do you have a Win XP machine to see if it is a Java / Microsoft issue?

What Java version are you running?
ElderPierre
Yes, this is the Scenario under which I am testing.
but i am in Windows 7.

it seesm like the only way I can get the prot resource back is to close the GUI and restart it
ElderPierre
java version 1.6.0_24
JohnBiggs
do you have a Win XP machine to see if it is a Java / Microsoft issue?
ElderPierre
Yes, I will package it and try running it on an XP machine.
I will keep you posrted

thank you
ElderPierre
I was going to write to you that you were right, it works in XP. true , it worked the first time, then after trying in Windows 7 to confirm that it does not work, we went back to windows XP, but we are getting the error ResourceBusyException!!!!

I am going to see on the CM side if there is a log I can read to get more info.

but for sure its not working in Windows 7, there is a port issue wherby Windows 7 is not releasing it until the main gui is killed!!!
Go to:   
Mobile view