FrancisMacDonald
I am attempting to get a list of all device IDs for a particular session.

The documentation seems to suggest the best way to do this is by running:
ServiceProvider.GetDeviceIdList(SessionId);
, subscribing to the event and then using GetDeviceIdListEventArgs.getDeviceIdList.

However this throws an exception:
<exceptionClass>ch.ecma.csta.errors.InvalidDeviceStateException</exceptionClass>
<message>A Device Services monitor or listener is required to receive GetDeviceIdListEvents.</message>
<stackTrace>ch.ecma.csta.errors.InvalidDeviceStateException: A Device Services monitor or listener is required to receive GetDeviceIdListEvents.
at com.avaya.cmapi.extsvc.DeviceServicesImpl.getDeviceIdList(DeviceServicesImpl.java:986)

Further reading suggests that you have to use a DeviceServicesListenerAdapter to resolve this exception, however that class seems to only exist in the Java DMCC libraries.

I am confused as to why the method to query the device id list would exist, but the class used to collect the information from this method is missing.

So, I am just wondering if there something I am missing. Am I correct in my assumptions? If so, is there any other way to do this using the classes we have available in .NET?

Thanks all.
FrancisMacDonald
Here's a class that will generate the exception on demand.

Register your session using RegisterSession().

class GenerateAesError
{
public void RegisterSession(string ipAddress, int port, string userName, string password, bool secure)
{
var serviceProvider = new ServiceProvider();
var intStatus = serviceProvider.StartApplicationSession(ipAddress, port, "Monitor", userName, password, 5, 180, "3.0", secure, null, true, true, null);
if (intStatus == 1)
serviceProvider.OnStartApplicationSessionResponse += OnStartApplicationSessionResponse;
}

private void OnStartApplicationSessionResponse(object sender, ServiceProvider.StartApplicationSessionResponseArgs e)
{
e.getServiceProvider.getXmlProcessor.OnXmlMessageReceivedEvent += OnGetXmlProcessorOnXmlMessageReceivedEvent;
e.getServiceProvider.OnGetDeviceIdListEvent += OnGetServiceProviderOnGetDeviceIdListEvent;
e.getServiceProvider.GetDeviceIdList(e.getSessionId);
}

void OnGetXmlProcessorOnXmlMessageReceivedEvent(object sender, XmlProcessor.XmlMessageReceivedEventArgs e)
{
Console.WriteLine(e.getMessageNicelyFormatted);
}

private void OnGetServiceProviderOnGetDeviceIdListEvent(object sender, ServiceProvider.GetDeviceIdListEventArgs e)
{
foreach (var deviceID in e.getDeviceIdList)
Console.WriteLine(deviceID);
}
}
AnthonyPritchett
For .NET you need to start a SessionManagementStartMonitor which is in the ServiceProvider class.
AnthonyPritchett
In the before mentioned monitor the SessionManagementEvents param is used to specify which events you want to receive (i.e. DeviceIdListEvents)
FrancisMacDonald
Thanks Anthony.
Go to:   
Mobile view