DouglasWambo2
Hi Folks, I have an application that has been running for quite some time on an old SQL 2000 server and worked fine. We have upgraded our SQL server to MS SQL 2008, and I have upgraded my DEV server to run Tomcat6 and the sqljdbc4.jar file to attach to the server, but I'm getting the following error. Anyone have any suggestions? I can't really find a specific reason for the error.

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: SQL Server did not return a response. The connection has been closed.

Driving me crazy... I'm sure it has something to do with my config, but I'll be darned if I even know where to start looking.

Thanks,

Doug
DouglasWambo2
I should probably follow up with I'm running Java:
[root@indlvapp01 ~]# java -version
java version "1.6.0_22"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.10.4) (rhel-1.41.1.10.4.el6-x86_64)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b11, mixed mode)

DouglasWambo2
The whole error if anyone cares:
javax.servlet.ServletException: EXCEPTION> com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The statement did not return a result set. at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(SQLServerException.java:190) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStatement.doExecutePreparedStatement(SQLServerPreparedStatement.java:408) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStatement$PrepStmtExecCmd.doExecute(SQLServerPreparedStatement.java:350) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:5696) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:1715) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeCommand(SQLServerStatement.java:180) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeStatement(SQLServerStatement.java:155) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStatement.executeQuery(SQLServerPreparedStatement.java:285) at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:97) at com.avaya.sce.runtime.connectivity.db.DbQuery.executeStatement(DbQuery.java:289) at com.avaya.sce.runtime.connectivity.db.DbQuery.executeSQL(DbQuery.java:198) at com.avaya.sce.runtime.connectivity.db.DbQuery.execute(DbQuery.java:134) at com.avaya.sce.runtime.Data.evaluateActions(Data.java:191) at flow.Init.executeDataActions(Init.java:99) at com.avaya.sce.runtime.Data.handleRequest(Data.java:104) at com.avaya.sce.runtime.AppServlet.processRequest(AppServlet.java:96) at com.avaya.sce.runtime.SCEServlet.requestHandler(SCEServlet.java:282) at com.avaya.sce.runtime.SCEServlet.doPost(SCEServlet.java:189) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:857) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
WilsonYu
It looks like a network issue to me. Does the query take a long time? Maybe try to look on the sql server end to see the response time from the server.
DouglasWambo2
It fails immediately, on my first query, which is a simple select.
WilsonYu
Check on the sql server end to see if the request reaches the server.
longo10 [Avatar]

I have the same problem, Is there any solution?
Go to:   
Mobile view