VishalKamboj
We have a CT4 Siebel connector corrently running with AES 4.x and CM 5.2.1 for popup application through siebel.
We have to upgrade the AES to AES 5.2 on system platform. Is CT4 Siebel connector compatible with AES 5.2? Do we need to buy new Siebel connector for AES 5.2?
JohnBiggs
If there are application notes on the portal indicating such a solution was tested, you would find that information by searching the application notes from the DevConnect Search tool (to the left).

AE Services 5.2 is backwards compatible with AE Services 4.x, thus applications that work with AE Services 5.2. The application need not change the SDK it is using to be inter-operable with AE Services 5.2. Thus from a should it work perspective, the answer is yes. From a Does it Work, the answer lies in the existence of application notes either on our portal or theirs.

As to needing to purchase a new Siebel connector, that is somethign you need to ask Siebel, certainly if you wish to access 5.2 functionality from Avaya through Siebel, the anwer would be yes. If you want to maintain the status quo, I would think not. However via the protocol handshakes, Siebel _could_ be aware they are connecting to a different version AE Services server, and have behaviors implemented because they notice that difference, I doubt it, but it is possible. That is why I recommend you cross check with Siebel.
VishalKamboj
As such there is nothing special from siebel end. We were provided following two things by Avaya for AES 4.x integration with siebel-:

1. Avaya CT4Siebel Server-: A Server that connects directly to the Avaya Application Enablement Services (AES) Server and/or a MSSQL Server to abstract customer information that will be used by the Siebel toolbar for Siebel screen pop. This server will manage communication from the Avaya CM to the Avaya AES Server via the Avaya CT4Siebel adaptive driver.
2. Avaya CT4Siebel Driver-: An adaptive CTI driver that resides on 1 or more Siebel Communications Servers within a Siebel enterprise.

Now the query is if we upgarde AES 5.2 will these two components work as it is or we would need some upgrade on these also.
RobBowers
Vishal

CT4Siebel driver was last updated for AES 4 compatibility and would be a supported client release for R5 and R6 AES. However, Avaya is no longer selling or supporting the integration, so it is best effort support going forward.

You should be fine with AES 5 as John mentioned, but it would be advisable to test before deploying to production given limited support.
VishalKamboj
Thanks Rob and John.
Now If CT4 siebel Driver is not being currently supported then what is the latest driver being currently supported? I mean if we want full support then what is the option available for us?
RobBowers
There are and will be no further updates officially. Potentially the only going forward options will be custom Dev from Avaya Professional Services.

I suspect the next generation of integrations will be with AACC and ACE, but nothing official yet.
LeisaHoward
has there been any update to this? i am in the same position......cm 5.2, aes 5.2 and siebel 8.
JohnBiggs
No updates from Avaya. As I said before, your existing connector should continue to work without issue. As Rob said, some caution on your part before deploying into production would be prudent.
LeisaHoward
thank you. our existing connector is failing with the following error: : Unable to create a Driver object from driver AvCT.dll with Media-Type-String Avaya CVCT Phone.

i'm checking on the version as i'm not quite sure it was 4.XX as stated below.
JohnBiggs
I have never worked with that software so I can not be of any help.
HudaParkar
Hi John,

Since CT4 is end of life now and no longer supported by avaya, Is it possible to integrate AES and Siebel using TSAPI SDK?
JohnBiggs
Avaya Professional Services supports a connector between AE Services and Siebel. Please contact Mike West mjwest @ avaya.com for additional information.
Go to:   
Mobile view