JasonCarter
I believe I'm looking for RT_Socket, but I can find very little information on it.

I understand the ECHI is for historical call level reporting, but we need real time.

So my question, is RT_Socket what i need and where can i find information on it?
JohnBiggs
what product are you inquiring about? This forum is for Avaya Aura Application Enablement Services platform questions.

I dont recognize RT_Socket nor ECHI in the context of AE Services.
JasonCarter
From what i can tell most refereces to RT_Socket call it Generic Real Time Socket Interface for Avaya Communication Management System, so CMS apparently is the product.

We're looking for some interface to be able to retrieve real time reports from CMS.
JohnBiggs
I am afraid that through devconnect we don't provide free support for CMS. My suggestion is to download the CMS documentation that is available through www.avaya.com/support and search it for these keywords. If I turn up a good 'pointer' I will post it here.
JasonCarter
I'm not looking for free support I'm looking to find the right product or option to get the data we need. If its a paid license for CMS, we'll pay for it, i just need to know HOW and WHERE to get the information about this phantom product.

From my research online it recommends RT_Socket, but since there is almost NO documentation on this anywhere I can find I came to the Forums, which apparently is not an option either.

If not here, WHERE will i be able to find information to retrieve real time reports from CMS?
HartwigKempf
I also need CMS-related information. We need specifiations for the PS Combo interface and the differences to RT_sockets. Neither support.avaya.com nor the Avaya helpdesk can provide these information. Where can I find anything about these products? I need to know which realtime and historical data the PS combo provides. Thanks for help.
JohnBiggs
Here is what I have dug up on RT_Socket, I don't know wat PS Combo is either... this forum is monitored by an AE Services SME.

The RT Socket interface is implemented by Reggie Slavens (rslavens@avaya.com) with Avaya Professional Services (i.e., installed and configured by APS on CMS). Reggie can provide a DevConnect member the lastest technical specifications for RT Socket, which would cover the (agent, VDN, and skill) data items provided by the generic interface. The member can then determine whether the generic interface is sufficient for their solution. If not, they can discuss customizations, which APS would address. Historical data is handled by someone else in APS whom Reggie can put you in contact with if you wish.

The following document lists the data items available in CMS, Avaya CMS Database Items and Calculations, located at
http://support.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100114786

Another option would be to use ODBC and JDBC, http://support.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100120763. In this case, APS is not involved.

You now know more than I on this topic. Good Luck!

John
JohnBiggs
Through a series of conversations I had yesterday, I learned that Kevin Archer (kparcher@avaya.com) in the Avaya Professional Services organization is the right person to speak with relative to what capabilities CMS has for providing information to applications for consumption, and what it takes to enable those mechanisms, what the costs are, and what the best practices are.

Please send him some email to further your investigation.

He did mention to me in an email "we usually recommend an unload interface instead of ODBC" I am not sure what that meant... discuss it with him if it interests you.

PS Reggie Slavens works with Kevin Archer.
Go to:   
Mobile view