RogerNorthrop
I downloaded the ACE Foundation 2.3 SDK. The Zip file downloads, but as soon as you try and unzip the file it fails. I get an
"error 1 - Operation not permitted" I have tried different unzip tools, as well as tried on Vista, Windows 7 and Mac Snow Leopard.
Nothing works. We really need to gain access to this SKD to begin working with ACE.
ChengZuo
I got the same issue. The SDK file CAN NOT be extracted!!!
RogerNorthrop
Is there a estimated time of when this will be fixed?
ChengZuo
I've worked it out.

Roger, the SDK can be downloaded when you have an ACE 2.3 installed. It's on the Help menu of ACE Web GUI.
RogerNorthrop
Forgive me for perhaps my mis understanding. I do not see where I am to acquire ACE 2.3 other then the DevConnect area.
Do we as a platinum Developer need to purchase ACE 2.3??
When you speak of ACE 2.3, are you speaking of a Server, or another piece of software?
AdrianLee
Hi Roger,

I assume that you have an ACE server to test your application against. Is this a correct assumption?

If so, you can follow Cheng's suggestion and download the SDK directly from your ACE server.
- Login to the ACE server at: https://<ace server ip>:9443/oamp
- From the Help Menu, select Foundation Toolkit SDK Download

Adrian
AaronBennis
Hi Roger / Cheng, thank you for bringing this to our attention. In consulting with our Foundation Toolkit (FT) experts it appears the FT file currently uploaded is corrupt; although it opens in WinZip, any attempt to extract it encounters errors with a bad zip file warning. Our DevConnect Tech Team is remedying the situation as I type with a new file for download. We'll also be adding additional monitors to this forum for FT specific posts. Thanks for your patience as we work to resolve this matter.
RogerNorthrop
I think I now understand what my issue is. if I understand, I need to purchase the ACE Linux or Windows software to build the ACE Server. Please confirm, are the below part numbers the ones that I need to purchase, or do we as Platinum developers need to acquire this through a our DeveConnect Program

NTBT74BA Linux Base ACE Software
NTBT74AA Windows Base ACE Software

NTBT55RA Integration Engine

NTBT55OA Desktop enablement for Linux (per user)

if I need more parts or less, please let me know

AaronBennis
The FT file has been re-uploaded with a minor name change, as multiple periods (.) in file names often trip anti-virus software, so they get replaced with underscores (_). File downloaded and unzipped successfully based on our test install.
RogerNorthrop
File unzipped and all contents are available to me. However, could you answer and confirm. As a Developer for Agile, Do we need to purchase ACE 2.3 Base software in order to use the SDK? Or are we able to use the SDK, and use the remote ACE Lab.

AaronBennis
Roger, for rapid ACE prototyping I would recommend using the SDK / WSDL file to insert hooks in your code from your programming environment that invoke the ACE web services available in the Avaya DevConnect Remote Lab. At this time the Remote Lab offers Click-to-Call, Telephony Presence, and Call Forwarding. If you wish to prototype ACE web services beyond that you can procure an ACE lab of your own or wait until we evolve the DevConnect Remote Lab to include additional underlying infrastructure that offer more expanded web services.
RogerNorthrop
Thank you for the support. We will look into remote time for the Lab. At the same time following the Planning and installation guide for ACE, and building our own ACE lab as well.

Go to:   
Mobile view