AngusComber2
Hello

For some reason, we are not currently getting the transfer destination on a monitored device using the TSAPI interface. We do see the caller ok even on an external call for eg a delivered event. so this is confusing. Can anyone suggest any parameters in CM to look at or indeed any suggestions?

Angus
JohnBiggs
how is it that you are making this determination? TSSPY? Using the csta information from AE Services? Trusting your code to report the information? I suggest using all three, and making sure they all agree with each other. Assuming that they all agree, and the data is simpally not there (very unlikely in my opinion), look at the g3trace trace file (I presume you are familiar with setting up TSAPI logging... if not see the FAQs for TSAPI), make sure you are running a up to date GA release for the AE Service server.

There are no 'settings' that control getting information, just what you can control (through the Security Data Base -- assuming you have it enabled and are using a restricted CTI user when TSAPI opens its stream with AE Services). Once you can establish a monitor, all devices involved in calls will be reported to the application in events.

My poorly educated guess here is you are looking at a dynamic device ID (off premises destination), and the 'extension' information is not provided for them in some call flows. Having a look at an offending TRANSFERRED event from the csta trace or TSSPY would help my understanding of the issue you are reporting (but probably not be enough to give you a clear answer).

How well do you understand the call flow this is occurring with? Can you reproduce it? Do you know if the transferred to destination is on switch?
AngusComber2
Hi

Here is event info from the simulator/exerciser.

I usually see the destination dn in "Transferred Device:" - but not in the case of this site.

Angus

12:05:48   0   EVENT:   Transferred:   Primary Old Call: [ Call ID: 567 Static Device ID: 1800 ]
            Secondary Old Call: [ Call ID: 568 Static Device ID: 1800 ]
            Transferring Device: [ Status: ID Provided Type: Explicit Private Local Number
               Device ID: 1800 ]
            Transferred Device: [ Status: ID Not Known ]
            Transferred Connections:   Number of Connections: 2
               Party: [ Call ID: 568 Static Device ID: 1801 ]
               Static Device: [ Status: ID Provided Type: Explicit Private Local Number
               Device ID: 1801 ]
               Party: [ Call ID: 568 Dynamic Device ID: T568#2 ]
               Static Device: [ Status: ID Provided Type: Explicit Public Unknown
               Device ID: T568#2 ]
            Local Conn Info: Null   Cause: TRANSFER
            ==========>>>>>>Cross Ref ID: 1 <<<<<<<==========
         Private Data:   Vendor: ECS
         Event Type :   ATT_TRANSFERRED
            Service: Transferred
            Orig Call Info Reason: Transferred
            OCI Calling Device: [ Status: ID Provided Type: Explicit Private Local Number
               Device ID: 1801 ]
            OCI Called Device: [ Status: ID Provided Type: Explicit Private Local Number
               Device ID: 1800 ]
            OCI TrunkGroup: (null)   OCI Trunk Member: (null)
            OCI Look Ahead Interflow Type: No Interflow
            OCI LAI Priority: Not In Queue
            OCI LAI Hours: 0, Minutes: 0, Seconds: 0
            OCI LAI Source VDN: (null)
            OCI LAI Unicode Source VDN:
            OCI User Entered Code Type: None
            OCI UEC Indicator: Collect   OCI UEC Data: (null)
            OCI UEC Collect VDN: (null)
            OCI UUI Type: None
            OCI Universal Call ID : 00000000000000000000
            OCI Call Originator Type: NO INFO
            OCI Flexible Billing :    NO
            Distributing Device: [ Status: ID Not Known ]
            Transferred Trunk List:   Number of Trunk Connections: 1
               Trunk Info: [ Call ID: 568 Dynamic Device ID: T568#2 ]
               Trunk Group: 10
               Trunk Member: 18
JohnBiggs
How well do you understand the call flow this is occurring with? Can you reproduce it? Do you know if the transferred to destination is on switch?

I can easily reproduce this output when the transfer to destination is off switch.

From the Avaya MultiVantage®
Application Enablement Services
TSAPI for Avaya Communication Manager
Programmer's Reference
02-300544
Release 4.2
May 2008
Issue 4

Section on the "Transferred Event" this is clearly spelled out as to it will happen...

transferredDevice [mandatory] Specifies the new transferred-to device.
If the device is an on-PBX station, the extension is specified.
If the party is an off-PBX endpoint, then the deviceIDStatus is ID_NOT_KNOWN.
There are call scenarios in which the transfer operation joins multiple parties to a call. In such situations, the transferredDevice will be the extension for the last party to join the call.
Go to:   
Mobile view