SteffenBisgaard
Hallo,

I would like to know if it is possible via DD/AES to monitor an incoming call.

A call comes in, hits the IVR, spends some time in vector processing before being answered, and then has a talk time of 60 minutes.

Is it possible to monitor this call somehow, and at the 55 minute stage interrupt the caller and the agent with a message, and then at the 60 minute mark force disconnect the call?
ErikJohnson2
Yes, you can do this with CCXML. You can create your own custom CCXML application to monitor the duration of the call and then launch a dialog at the 55 minute mark, conference it in with the agent to play the message, and then at 60 minutes terminate the entire call.

However, all of this assumes that you have Voice Portal on the call (i.e. conferencing in the agent). If you transfer the call from the IVR (using CTI conference call/blind call/transfer) to the contact center and the Voice Portal is taken off the call, then you would have to explore other options within vectors or something.
SteffenBisgaard
Thanks!

I do have a Voice Portal - but I am not too sure what you mean with conferencing in the agent. Can this be done on a hunt (skill) basis? This is an EAS call center. Are there any pointers somewhere?

Any help - guidance, show me the doc would be helpful.

Thanks again!
ErikJohnson2
What you will need to do to prove the concept is write a little simple CCXML application that creates a call to the VDN for the skill. If that works, then you should be able to build your application such that:
- inbound call (caller), apply the IVR dialog. When caller opts for an agent, return out of the VXML dialog back to CCXML (dialog end essentially)
- ccxml creates a 2nd call leg to the skill
- join the 2 call legs together (caller and skill/agent).
- start your timer.
- at 55 minutes, create a dialog that plays the warning message.
- at 60 minutes, terminate the call legs.

You should look at the CCXML sample applications provided on the DD CDROM. The CallingCard sample application demonstrates a few of the concepts that you would need.

The thing that you will need to test though like I said is the call to the skill and make sure that works.
SteffenBisgaard
Thank you.

Interesting - I will take it from here and post if I encounter any other issues.

If anyone has already done this I would appreciate your feedback of course.

Thank you Erik.
Go to:   
Mobile view