KishorePinnamaneni
I am using third party control to make call. I dialed bad phone number. I have timer event to terminate call if it is not connected after 25 seconds. Because it is bad number, my onFailed event is firing. But is firing after my timer cut off time. How do I stop firing of failure event event after time out even
JohnBiggs
drop the call.
cancel the monitor.
KishorePinnamaneni
Thanks.

Why OnFailedEvent is taking too long? I end up all bad number calls as "no answer" calls based on time elapsed event of timer.
JohnBiggs
I would need to know much more about your configuration, and the specific call scenario, trunk type, where the failure is detected, how the network responds to Communication Manager etc. to answer that question..

At 5000 feet, Communication Manager reports what it knows. My guess.. it is failing in the network, and the network is not reporting the failure to the PBX in a manner that you feel is timely. Perhaps monitoring the trunk handling the call will give you more insight, even better use MST to trace the call and analyze the information. You may be able to get your service provider to give you different failure treatment for your calls (message instead of a tone) depending on your trunk type, and your importance to them as a customer, and their ability to reconfigure the system handling your call request in that particular environment.
Go to:   
Mobile view