AbdulKA
Hi,
we are trying to develop a recording solution with Service observe method of recording. I tried Service observe using DMCC Dashboard succesfully. I have the following queries regarding the same.

1. When we tried service observe using Dashboard, whenever there is a call , RTP is forwarded to the recording device. The flow of RTP will be stopped only once the call is ended. I couldnt find a way to stop it from the application program. i.e stopping service observe from application program.

2. we tried one call of the target station on hold and made another consultation call to another extension. But the recorded converstation contains the Hold Music only. The consultation call is missed. Is there any way to record the consultation call.

Thanks and Regards
Abdul Rasheed
JohnBiggs
have you read the communication manager and call center documentation for service observing? (I recommend doing so). Have you tried using service observe with a physical station instead of the dashboard (I recommend doing so). You will find that to end SO, you must go on hook at the observer's station.... that ends to SO session.

2) what Communication Manager switch release are you working with? did the observee put the call on hold and switch to a different call? If so then the observer should have switched to the different call. SO monitors the ACTIVE call at the observed extension... when the observed station went on hold, SO should have stopped hearing anything, when the new call was in a talking state (consult destination answered), SO should have allowed you to hear the conversation between the observee and the consult party.
AbdulKA
Hi John,
Thanks for your support. I could'nt find out the Communication manager documentation which will point to Service observe feature. I am using Avaya remote lab facility to test my application. So it should be the latest release of CM. Do you mean that , if the Observee is on hold , the observer should end the call by going on hook, and start a new session to record the consultation call?

I can try out it in lab by end of this week only.

Thanks and Regards
Rasheed
Go to:   
Mobile view