AbdulKA
Hi,
we are planning to add Record on Demand feature to our product. Currently we are using SSC for recording. I would like to know if some buttons can be configured for the phones which would require On Demand Recording . Is it possible to detect the button press of the configured button using TSAPI, if that station is monitored.

Thanks and Regards
Rasheed
JohnBiggs
Avaya does not provide a programmable button behavior for this purpose. People have hijacked an existing button (like Send All Calls, Inspect, Timer, or similar) that is stateful that could be used, but in most cases they find that there is some undesirable side effect of hijacking (SAC may be on, and the station place an outbound call.. thus triggering recording when it isn't desired, or by activating SAC, the user forces a second inbound call to coverage, when in fact they may have been anticipating its arrival and want to answer it).

DMCC provides lamp state changes associated with feature activation/deactivation which can be used to indicate to the user the state of recording, although since the lamp actually tracks the feature state, it shouldn't be used to know that recording is actually successful activated because the lamp is not under the application's control.
AbdulKA
Dear John,

I found in some application notes that the Audix record button is used for this purpose . But when i checked , i found that Audix record button should point to another hunt group. So i was bit confused on how this can be done ? Can you please advise me some thoughts on this.

THanks and Regards
Rasheed
JohnBiggs
That button tells AUDIX (an old name for Avaya's Voice Mail system), to record the call. That is most likely not what you want... You most likely want to record the call on YOUR application server.
Go to:   
Mobile view