SteffenBisgaard
Hallo,

Does anybody know a reason why no VDN information is passed in the TSAPI?

I have added a VDN in the devices and device groups and restarted all services. I do a test call. In the trace, all I get is:

TSAPI:LinkThread01: sourceVDN()
TSAPI:LinkThread01: collectVDN()
TSAPI:LinkThread01: distributingVDN.device() (EXPLICIT_PUBLIC_UNKNOWN)(30) (ID_NOT_KNOWN)(1)

What am I missing?
JohnBiggs
you need to provide a lot more information in order for a guess to be made.
What is the call flow?
What type of inbound trunking is being used?
How is the VDN involved in the call flow?
Can you access a MST trace?
What call flow do you see from 'list trace vdn x' at the SAT?
How is the dial plan setup?
The forums are not a good place for troubleshooting issues.

The EXPLICIT_PUBLIC_UNKNOWN indication says to me that Communication Manager thinks the digits for the distributingVDN matches a PSTN number, or it was labeled as one at some point in the processing of the call.
SteffenBisgaard
Thanks for your response.

The trunk is an ISDN30 PRI , we receive 9 digits from our provider, and these are mapped to a VDN by inc-call-handling-trmt on the trunk-group.

The VDN points to a vector that queues the call to an EAS skill.

On the test call, I call the external number; the call is answered immediately by the test agent with the skill.

A list trace vdn just shows the call hitting the VDN and being answered by the agent.

The dial plan is a mix of 4 and 5 digit extension.

I didn't enable an MST - would that show what is passed in the TSAPI stream?
JohnBiggs
enabling MST, and monitoring ASAI events would show the data that is passed to AE Services, and then interpreted by the TSAPI middleware and passed to the app. It would be an appropriate next step for you. I believe there are instructions for gathering a MST trace on the devconnect portal in the FAQs for AE Services.

Are you monitoring the VDN, or just the agent? As a suggestion add a monitorCallsViaDevice monitor on the VDN extension and see if that improves the data you are getting.
Go to:   
Mobile view