MichaelWest
Is it possible for DMCC to provide Collected Digits received at the agent station while operating in shared control?

Under TSAPI, this would be received in the Delivered event in private data. Would the DMCC Delivered event also provide such information?

On a similar note, is UUI accessible, too?
JohnBiggs
are you talking digits collected in a vector? the other interpertation is inband digits post answer.. but then you wouldn't be talking about the delivered event, but then what difference does shared control make to the question.

At any rate, the digits collected in a vector collect step are not available to DMCC applications as of 4.2. In 5.2 there is beta code in DMCC delivering the full TSAPI functionality for the delivered data. Applications can not field that functionality in an application until release 6.0.

I _think_ UUI is in the getCallInformationResponse, but I also think I have been wrong about that before and what is in there is UCID... you'd need to check the XSD, java doc, or .NET htmldoc. to find out for sure. UUI is not in the delivered event up through 4.2, it should be available by 6.0 if the beta code gets fully delivered in that release... UUI in the delivered/ established events is beta quality in the 5.2 AES SDKs.
MichaelWest
The reason I mentioned shared control is because I have been told there can be subtle differences on eventing type information and capabilities depending on what mode is being used.

Yes, I was refering to digits collected via the vector "collect" step.

Also, I am willing to play "silly games" to get the digits. For example, regardless of whether the actual delivered event provides UUI or collected digits, I have been told that, for UUI, one can program a special button on the phone, virtually "press" it, then "read the display" to get the UUI. Is that true?

If so, is there something similar for collected digits?
JohnBiggs
Yes you can read UUI information by pressing a button on the phone (uui-info). You can set the asaiuui variable and have it sent to an adjunct. If you can get collected digits into UUI I have not tried recently enough to remember.

I do not think there is a similar ability to press a button and see collected digits.

Here are my notes on setting ASAIUUI

ASAIUUI can be set with vectors.

In the most general sense here's what to do:

Minimally CM4.0 required

Vectoring(Variables) enabled for customer option

SAT: "change variable" - define the variable to be ASAIUUI

SAT: "change vector" - use the "set" command to set the ASAIUUI for the call

ANI can also be copied into the ASAIUUI, so before switch A transfers to switch B, switch A can set the ASAIUUI with ANI or whatever and then route to switch B. Switch B should now have the ASAIUUI populated.

Here's a link to the EAS Vectoring guide (http://support.avaya.com/elmodocs2/callctr/r5_0/07-600780.pdf). Search for "asaiuui type variable". This should give some background. By the way use "list trace vdn/vector" in order to see if the assignment does take place or not.

You can actually write to all 96 characters, but in 16 digit segments. You just need to define 6 asaiuui variables with the different windowing position. For example:

change variables Page 1 of 39

VARIABLES FOR VECTORS

Var Description Type Scope Length Start Assignment VAC

A asaiuui 1-16 asaiuui L 16 1

B asaiuui 17-32 asaiuui L 16 17

C asaiuui 33-48 asaiuui L 16 33

D asaiuui 49-64 asaiuui L 16 49

E asaiuui 65-80 asaiuui L 16 65

F asaiuui 81-96 asaiuui L 16 81

G incoming call id ani L 16 1

Now it's a matter of assigning the values to the different variables. So if you want to write ANI into the asaiuui position 33-48, use variable C:

01 set C = G SEL 16

G contains the ani which may or may not be 16 digits long, but the SEL 16 will ensure you fill in 16 characters into C by pre-padding with 0's if necessary.

Unfortunately, the display on a station can be at most 32 digits (need CM3.1 or later).

MichaelWest
Thank you!
RichardKesiar
I'm trying to fingure out a way to set asaiuui type vector varaibles with an adjuct application to be used by vectors and found your posts about the topic.

Although, this is not really I want to do, but I just tried setting an asaiuui variable with the 'set' command bellow:

01 set C = G SEL 16

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. The list trace returns "Must be COLLECT type var" and fails to set the variable.

If you have any info about setting asaiuui vector variables with adjuct applications (JTAPI, TSAPI, ASAI) to make them visible in vecors please share it. From the sales and technical overview documentaions it seems possible, but I can't find details about how exactly this can be done. This seems to be the oly way to inject external information (like customer account number or priorty) into the vector variables.
JohnBiggs
how have you defined G and C? please provide the output from the SAT 'change variables' command.

I am not clear on what you want to accomplish. I _think_ you want to set UUI information while handling the call in an application to contain a customer account number, and then access that information within a vector... is that right? Help me out with some form of call flow and hopefully I can point you in the right direction. There are call flows where the vector is encountered before the application can provide a UUI and in those cases a different call flow needs to be used.

You can not directly set vector variables using CTI... you can set UUI, and then access the UUI information from within a vector (however I have limited experience with actually doing so... most of what I know is 'book' knowledge).
VadimGololobov2
The name of the button which provides collected digits on display is caller-info. After pressing it you need to wait for display update and parse it for digits from collect vector step. No special vector administration is required.
Go to:   
Mobile view