AbdulKA
Hi,
We are trying to do the recording using SSC using TSAPI. During the hold operation we tried to stop recording by invoking cstaclearconnection on the device which joined the conference for recording. But when we invoke the cstaclearconnection on hold event, the call itself get disconnected. Is there any other way we can stop the recording on an extension which is on hold. we are doing this to record the consultation call during transfer operation. (If we do not disconnect the call, the hold music only will be recorded during the consultation call)

Thanks and Regards
Rasheed
JohnBiggs
you are using the right method. There must be something else going on if the whole call is dropped. Can you get a tsspy trace of this sequence and open a tech support ticket and then send the tsspy trace to devconnect@avaya.com and put the OPENTECH0XXXX number in the subject line.

Have you tried to test this with the TSAPI exerciser... do you see the same problem there? What release of TSAPI are you working with?
AbdulKA
Dear John,
We were getting the issue when we were testing our application through Avaya remote lab . We are using TSAPI release 4.2 . we were getting same issue with TSAPI exerciser also.

It was noticed that if both the extensions which is involved in the call is monitored it was working fine. But if only one extension is monitored, and if it is put on hold, and call cstaclearconnection of that extension's recording device (for SSC) then the whole call will get disconnected. we were using Avaya IP soft phone for testing.
We noticed that if we try this call scenario using TSAPI exerciser on IPCoDE environment , it is working fine and giving proper results as expected.

Tommorow we have a remote lab session again, i will take the TSAPI exerciser log and TSSPY logs during this session and send to you as you suggested.

Thanks and Regards
Rasheed
JohnBiggs
So... you have station S a DMCC softphone.
You have physical station A, a hardphone monitored with TSAPI.

B calls A, A answers. You SSC in S.
A goes on hold
you post a cstaConnectionClear on S's connection
and the whole call is cleared.

Do I have you scenario right?
JohnBiggs
S is an Avaya IP Softphone ... not DMCC. My mistake.
AbdulKA
Dear John,
Scenarios is like this. I have 2 Avaya IP soft phones A and b (b is not monitored) . Device to join SSC is S . Now A calls b, Using S as device to join,i SSC on A . Now A goes on Hold. I get Hold event. Now i call cstaclearconnection on S . Now the whole call gets disconnected . Call cleared event of A and S is triggered.

One thing i noticed is , when i use IPCoDE it is working fine, i.e the holded call will not be disconnected .

When i tested with remote lab, i am using TSAPI client version 4.2 , but i think remote lab is running Avaya AURA with Higher TSAPI versions. will that make any difference. Because this is the only difference i could find between remote lab and IPCoDE.

Please get back to me if more clarificaiton is needed.

Regards
Rasheed
JohnBiggs
ok, got the scenario, I hear the difference between IPCoDE and the remote lab (yes remote lab has a newer Communication Manager and slightly newer AE Services.

Need to test it for my self and see if I see the same issue... hopefully by tomorrow some time I will get time to do that, and respond here. You are not the only one who said they have connection cleared issues... so I am inclined to think there is a bug on our side somewhere with some version of products.
AbdulKA
Hi John,
Did you get a chance to try it out. i tried with TSAPI client 5.2 as well. But the results are same.

Regards
Rasheed
JohnBiggs
not yet... I have been sidetracked... I will ask an associate to take a look today.
AbdulKA
Dear John,

Any update on this issue . Hope some of your team mates could look in to it.

Thanks and Regards
Abdul Rasheed
JohnBiggs
While I could not reproduce it, we did see an equivalent problem come in in the last week that we did reproduce. I see you entered a tech support ticket. I have asked James to respond to the ticket and make sure that the problem we can reproduce and the one you are reporting are indeed the same. They sound very similar and perhaps the difference is some overlooked detail.
Go to:   
Mobile view