AbdulKA
Hi,
we have a TSAPI application. when we invoke any TSAPI methods from the application , i could see the following error coming in TSAPI spy. But when i invoke the function through exerciser no errors were found.

11478816: [10/15/09 09:35:26]
11478816: LIBRARY ERROR:
11478816: UNKNOWN (condition code = 0)

Though the error is found in TSAPI spy , my application is working fine and i am not facing any functionality issues. But i would like to know where i am going wrong in calling TSAPI methods. Hope somebody can help me in this?

Regards
Abdul Rasheed
JohnBiggs
What release of TSAPI client and TSSPY are you working with?
What release of AE Services?
Can you give some (not all) specific method(s) that you are seeing this occur in TSSPY?
Are you using private data in your application?
If so what version?
Did it properly negotiate?
AbdulKA
Hi John,
Today we have a holiday here. i will check the details tomorrow and will get back to you.

Thanks and Regards
Rasheed
AbdulKA
Hi John,
Following are the details.

1. TSAPI client and TSAPI Spy versions are 4.2

2. AE services version is 4.2.1 (i was trying with IPCoDE)

3. we are using Private Data version 3-8

4. the error is coming for all the methods which we used in our application, like attQueryDeviceInfo, acsOpenstream etc.

5. It properly negotiated the version and application is functioning properly with out any issues. If we open the SPY , then we can see this errror in spy.

Thanks and Regards
Abdul Rasheed
JohnBiggs
To figure out what is going amiss, could you
1) open up a technical support request from the link on the left - once you get the OPENTECH number
2) send email to devconnect@avaya.com containing the TSSPY trace output, and a corresponding G3trace file, referencing the ticket number, and mark it attention, John Biggs.

To understand how to get the G3trace, see the TSAPI FAQ on getting tracing information out of AE Services titled "What is the procedure for enabling and accessing the AE Services logs for TSAPI (trace, tracing, g3trace)?"

3) update this thread with the OPENTECH ticket number.

Thanks
JohnBiggs
This message will occur if the TSAPI Spy receives an CLTRC_ERROR_NOTIFY message where the low word of the long parameter lParam is 0. The only way the developers can see this happening is if there was some kind of problem receiving data on the socket.

What version of Windows are you using?

Does the application use acsSetESR() or acsEventNotify()? If so, does the application set the notifyAll flag to TRUE or FALSE when invoking those functions?
AbdulKA
Hi John,
i will check the details and will get back to you by tommorow.

Regards
Abdul Rasheed
JohnBiggs
This could be as insignificant as a bug in TSSPY. The developer I spoke with remembers seeing some changes in this area for AE Services TSAPI release 4.2.2, but since the changes were started by a developer who left, the reason for the code changes has been lost.
AbdulKA
Hi John,
But when i call the functions using TSAPI exerciser these errors are not shown in TSAPI SPY , thats why i was confused.

Regards
Abdul Rasheed.K.A
JohnBiggs
Good point. Let me know when you get the answers to the other questions I posed yesterday.
AbdulKA
Hi John,
we are using windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 , acsSetESR() with notifyall flag is true. If you wish i can send you a testing sample which we are using, and generates the same errors.

Regards
Rasheed

JohnBiggs
Please open a tech support request, and include the sample app, and the tsspy and g3trace and csta trace files per the request on 'Oct 21 2009 11:28AM:' and I will get it looked at for you.
AbdulKA
Ok John, i will take the logs and open the tech support case as you suggested by tommorow.

Regards
Abdul Rasheed
AbdulKA
Hi John,
i am trying to get these TSAPI logs from IPCoDE. But since i dont have root access i am not able to mount any devices and copy the logs from /opt/mvap/logs . Is there any other way to get these logs

Regards
Rasheed
JohnBiggs
use a secure ftp tool like winscp or ssh.
http://winscp.net/eng/download.php
Go to:   
Mobile view