AbdulKA
Hi,
Is there any way to identify the physical disconnection of a particular extension from a recording application

Thanks and Regards
Abdul Rasheed
JohnBiggs
If you establish a no media, dependant mode DMCC registration against a physical station, when the physical station is not registered the DMCC application will not be able to register. If the device is registered, and the DMCC app is registered, when the device becomes unregistered (as a result of physical disconnection), then the DMCC device will forcably be unregistered.

Is that what you were inquiring about?

John
JoelEzell
You could also poll using SMS and the "status station" form.

Joel
AbdulKA
Hi John,
But when we tested our application in remote lab, we used extension 40010 (for eg;) and we were able to do the DMCC registration of the device with out logging the IP softphone as 40010. Also, even if the IP softphone is logged off when the application is running, the DMCC registration of the application is not getting unregistered as you told me . PLease find the source code which we are using as below

loginInfo.ExtensionPassword = "1234"
loginInfo.ForceLogin = True
mediaInfo.MediaControl = Media.MediaMode.NONE
OwnerDevice.getPhone.RegisterTerminal(loginInfo, mediaInfo, ownerExtension)

Thanks and Regards
Rasheed
JohnBiggs
lets back off... exactly what are you asking about? Your original question is not very detailed.

What do you mean by "Physical Disconnection"?
Why would call recording be applicable in the scenario you are asking about?

I took physical disconnection to mean unplugged from the wall, powered off, gone. I suspect you have something else in mind, but the lack of detail in your question makes us 'guess' what the specfics of your scenario are.
AbdulKA
HI John,
Sorry for the unclear question. Our call recording application has a channel to extension map. The application's channel page will show the current status of each extension associated with that channel. So if the extension is in a call then that particular channel will be green, if the channel is idel it will be grey, if channel is disconnected then a cross mark will be there on the channel. So we need to show the current status of the physical extension on a channel monitor page. So if the extension is disconnected from the LAN then it should be detected.

In Avaya remote lab, i hope physical phones are assosciated with extension 24101 - 24103 only. Extensions 40010 - 40020 we are using for IP soft phones which we used to log in from our test PCs connected to CM through VPN.

According to your description i did expect that whenever IP softphone is logged off from CM, then the DMCC application should not get registered for that particular extension as because there is no extension associated with that extension number once IP softphone is logged off. But that is not happening.

Did you mean that , the situation which you explained is applicable only for physical disconnection of the phone and not logging off IP softphone?

I hope you understand what i mean ?

Thanks and Regards
Rasheed
JoelEzell
Hi Rasheed,

I think that you missed an important component of John's response. He mentioned that you would have to be logged in in DEPENDENT mode for this to work. It looks like you are registering in MAIN mode. You would also not want to have forceLogin set to true, when registering in DEPENDENT mode.

One other note, if you register in DEPENDENT mode with client media, you can take advantage of the "media forking" call recording mode that was introduced in AES / CM 4.1. If working in this mode, you won't have to provision / register an independent call recording extension nor will you have to use service observing or single step conference to involve that extension in a call. Instead, you will simply receive a media start event every time the monitored extension receives a call.

This is "method 3" in the "How would an application go about recording a call at specific device? " DMCC FAQ"

Joel
JoelEzell
One quick clarification. I should have said "Media Forking" call recording METHOD, rather than "MODE".

To be specific, in order to use the "media forking" or "Multiple Registrations per Device" recording method, you would register as:

Dependency Mode: DEPENDENT
Media Mode: CLIENT MEDIA

One last clarification, if registered in this mode, when the main registration (physical station or IP softphone) unregisters, your DMCC virtual extension will also become unregistered, and will receive the Unregistered event.
AbdulKA
Hi Joel,
I think now it seems to be more clear. we are not specifying any dependency mode now. So ,will it be taking Main dependency mode by default? we are using single step conference now for recording. I will think of switching to multiple registration soon. With multiple registration method, will it save the additional license cost of recording extensions too as compared to SSC ?

Thanks and REgards
Rasheed
JoelEzell
With multiple registrations, you will still require an IP_API_0 license on CM (or DMCC license on AES, if using AES 4.2). You will not, however, require a CM station / IP station license for the DMCC station.
JoelEzell
Oh, and yes, if you do not specify a dependency mode, it will do Main by default.
JohnBiggs
switching from SSC to multiple registrations per device will also save you a TSAPI basic user license.
GauravSrivastava
I have a JTAPI application monitoring one extension. All the call events are thrown except disconnect. When the monitored extension is disconnected through Avaya IP phone, disconnect event is thrown twice while the disconnect event is thrown only once when the monitored extension is disconnected from extension itself. Any thought?
JohnBiggs
pPease open a new thread in the JTAPI forum.
Go to:   
Mobile view