BrianLaw2
"Mastering Device, Media and Call Control using Avaya DMCC Dashboard" is available as free download from the DevConnect web site (Products & SDKs -> AE Services: DMCC Dashboard -> DevConnect eBook: Mastering Device, Media and Call Control, or go direct to https://devconnect.avaya.com/public/dyn/d_dyn.jsp?fn=514). With over 150 pages and over 60 figures and tables, Mastering Device, Media and Call Control takes you step-by-step through the use of the DMCC Dashboard, explaining the functionality behind its various buttons and fields. You'll also learn how the DMCC Dashboard can be configured to work with the Avaya IP Communications Development Environment (IPCoDE) to form a complete desktop-based environment for conceptualizing and prototyping intelligent communications applications.
IqbalAshraf
IqbalAshraf
when I run the DashBoard application and click on StartApplicationSession I find this exception. Can somebody help me...?
"System.Windows.Forms.Button, Text: Start Appl. Session Exception: Anexisting connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"
JohnBiggs
Iqbal,
It appears no one saw your posting...This can be a problem when attaching to existing threads that are not being monitored. I hope you have moved past the error. Most likely the problem was that you were trying to connect to the AE Services server through a socket that was actively being blocked by the server. By default only the secure socket is open on AE Services. You need to choose a secure connection and use port 4722 from the dashboard OR you need to enable the unsecure socket on AE Services server. See the AE Services documenation for instructions on how to accomplish that task.

John
AdamClark
when trying out the dashboard i have had no problem with the application and connecting to the AES, making calls etc. but when i use the JScript example for web based calls I cannot connect to the server to start a session at all, the only error that I receive is "Object doesn't support this property or method", when clicking on the "Start Application Session" button. Could you provide any information or suggestions on how to get past this and what I am doing wrong here, it doesnt seems to matter what I enter as AES address, pass etc, it just gives this error.
Adam.
JohnBiggs
Have you made the prescribed modifications to your environment as specified in the dashboard-help.html file?
AdamClark
John,

I have done everything that the instructions said for setting this up on the webserver and my pc from the help.html file. I have entered all the information that is in comments for the dashboard.html file. this is still giving me the same error. from tracing this back through the code it seems to be something to do with calling the DLL file, im not sure if this is the issue or not, but the DLL is in right specified location. Any other ideas.???
NicholasDronen
Hi, Adam:

Generally, this error is the result of a variable being used when it hasn't been initialized. In this particular case, the error is probably occurring with a JScript variable that is supposed to be instantiated by the loading of the service provider DLL.

First look at the web server's access log to determine that the client is indeed requesting ServiceProvider.dll and that the server is able send it. This could be a matter of the permissions on the DLL itself. Or try loading the URL of ServiceProvider.dll directly into Internet Explorer. If you can't, then change the DLL's permissions on the web server. If you can, please carefully compare the server- and client-side instructions to what you've done in your environment.

Also, please note that the instructions have only been tested against Internet Explorer 6. Which version of IE are you using? Which version of Windows?

Regards,

Nick
AdamClark
Thanks Nick,

i am using ie6 and xp. Thnaks for your help, I will try what you have suggested.

Regards
Adam
DaveBurritt
Adam:

Another thing is to make sure that your web server and the PC where you are running IE6 are separate PCs.

When I was doing testing, I noticed strange things if both the web server and the PC running IE6 were the same physical PC.

Dave
AdamClark
Thanks Dave,

I had the application running on a 2000 server standard under iis with service pack 4 and accessing from my xp pc.

Regards
Adam.
AdamClark
Thanks for previous help,
I have gone with developing my app in c# using xml for DMCC, as i could not get the web app to work properly. I have had much better luck with the cmapixml-sdk-4.2.1.308.
The only issue im having with this now is registering a sip phone in the Dashboard application and with my c# app.
Is it possible to register a sip phone using dashboard/xml or is this a limitation. If so could you let me know what i should be using to get around this issue.

Regards
Adam.
JohnBiggs
DMCC only works with Avaya IP (H.323 based) and Avaya Digital Communications Protocol (DCP) phones. You can not do a DMCC registration against a SIP phone.

To get call events for a SIP phone you need to utilize TSAPI or JTAPI, and the functionality provided by the TSAPI/JTAPI API will be different in some ways from that provided by DMCC. So before I could say TSAPI/JTAPI would be an adequate replacement we'd need to have considerably more clarity in respect to what you are trying to accomplish in your application. Additionally TSAPI/JTAPI control/events for SIP phones only is supported for a limited subset of Avaya built telephones with SIP firmware in them. Please check the TSAPI FAQs for more information about this restriction.

John

John
Go to:   
Mobile view