VishalGaonkar
Hi All,

I am monitoring a extension using JTAPI.I am trying to retrieve the IP, MAC Address and the RTP Tx and RX events and its services payloadtype , packetsize on a monitored extension using SMS, as its not possible using DMCC and JTAPI .

1) could u acertain me,am i right that its not possible to get the above RTP event and its services above using either JTAPI and DMCC.

2) would it hamper the performance of my application w.r.t "time lag" ??? what i meant is the terminal event in JTAPI detects the monitored terminal ringing event and then i use SMS for the retrival RTP Tx and Rx w.r.t IP,MAC,RTP services payloadtype and packetsize on the monitored extension once the call is answered.

what i doubt is once a monitored call was answered, i want to immediately get the above RTP events from SMS will there be any time-lag to retrieve the data.

Regards,
Vishal
JoelEzell
Hi Vishal

1) Yes, it's true that SMS is the only way to get this information

2) There will definitely be a time lag. There's no doubt that SMS is not as high performance as JTAPI / DMCC. I think you'll have to simply test to see if its performance will meet your needs.

One note on that: you'll want to ensure that your performance testing is done on a similar configuration to what you'll be deploying against in the field. SMS response times can vary wildly given the CM type and load on the system. In particular, you'll find that times on IPCoDE are not in line with those that you will achieve with a real AE Services server and Communication Manager.

Joel
VishalGaonkar
Hi Joel

Thanks a ton for replying fast , What i came across was for model-station there is no Operation-status from which i can get the details as seen in the SAT command for"status station <extension>" on page 7 Of 8 "SRC PORT TO DEST PORT TALKPATH"

As oposed there is a model-stationstatus with operation-status were i get almost relevant data , but could u let me know

1) Can i retrieve a string exactly same as that seen in page 7 Of 8 on sat command using any Model with a specified Operation that results something like

S00030:TX:198.152.136.30:2048/g711u/20ms/aes
S00033:RX:198.152.136.37:2048/g711u/20ms/aes

2) If not can u let me know how i could get the packet-size, PayloadType of Tx/Rx parameters on the extension for the call , It would really help me a Lot lot.

What i am targetting is the PayloadType and Packetsize on the extension on a call w.r.t both Tx and Rx end.

Regards,
Vishal

AnthonyGreway
Vishal,

To answer your questions:

1.   Yes, you can retrieve the talk-path strings as they appear in the 'status station' screen but unfortunately the necessary SMS fields are not in a generally available release yet. The AES 4.2.2 service pack will have the necessary fields to retrieve the talk-path strings in the StationStatus model and should be available in a few months.

2.   I am not aware of any other CM models that you can retrieve the information you have requested.

I apologize for any inconvenience,

Tony
VishalGaonkar
Hi Anthony / Joel ,

Its been long since i conidered the time Lag with SMS , but i have reverted back as

i have no options to obtain th IP ,Port of near end and far end other than SMS.

It would be great if u could let me know for my application which would deal with a call centre Scenario

When there are 100 calls simultaneously will it be okie to use SMS to get the port and IP simultaneously .

could u guys Pl comment some thing on this to cater my need for IP,port .

Please revert back soon ... positively :)

Regards,
Vishal
JohnBiggs
100 calls being initiated each one second? Sustained? Peak burst? What is average call origination rate?

100 calls active at the time you want to collect the information? How long are you willing to wait to collect the data?

Usually this question is asked in the context of N calls per second average traffic. Can I keep up with that rate using SMS, and the answer will vary as a function of N, and any other SMS traffic, number of AES's doing SMS activity with the Communication Manager involved, the other provisioning activity going on through the Communication Manager Provisioning interface, etc.

IOW, saying it will or won't work in some environment is fairly involved, and not something that we try to answer at the registered member level. If you want to seek devconnect membership and work with us to spend the necessary time to collect the relelvent data and model the application we can pursue getting you an answer. If not I think you need to take the time to work with the sample application and see if you think its performance will meet your needs given the other potential variables I have mentioned.

John
Go to:   
Mobile view